• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock 94 2wd 2dr cherokee need help info plz

bigliftr5211

NAXJA Forum User
i guys my names lewis and i have a 94 2 door 2wd cherokee sport 4.0 liter. its completly stock and now i have a job at del taco so i can buy some mods but i don know what to put on it. i think it would be cool to prerun it somewhat i know its not common but i wanted some info on inexpensive lifts and parts so i cn start on it. i am also looking for prerunner type flares for the front sides which i think would look sick, rustys has some but i dont know if they are for xj's. i had a previous incounter in offroading a month ago where i let a friend drive and he jumped it (rememebr its stock) and did 85 through a crap load of bumps and rock, i guess he thought he had a [prerunner but i regret it alot and am paying for it but i love doing that but i want to make sure i dont bend the driveshaft or screw the radiator up or ne thing again. ne help would be greatly apreciated my email is [email protected] thanks

if youre gonna keep friends like that , inexspensive is out of the question. i think almost all lifts are for 2 or 4 wd. 3.5 is the biggest you can go with out to many changes. as far as the prerunner fenders i think they are very very exspensive. if you plan on jumping then look at somthing with lots of travel and is soft ride type. just my 2cents worth.

If you plan on jumping an XJ (or any vehicle, really), you NEED to invest in serious reinforcing of just about everything. Aside from the fact that you need a long-travel suspension (not just a lift, a lift specifically tailored to providing the maximum possible travel and enough compliance to cushion the landing), you also need to beef up the axles with trusses so you won't bend or break an axle. High speed desert racing isn't a direction many people on this forum have gone, but I'm sure there are numerous shops in Phoenix and Tucson that do desert racing mods, so stop by a couple of them and see if they'll spend a few minutes discussing things with you.

Back