• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any interest in running Strawberry trail during Sierra Fest

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Strawberry used to be part of Sierra Fest.

Assuming Strawberry is open again, would anyone be interested in running it Thursday Aug 9th on the way from Tahoe to Hermit ?

It stretches from Highway 50 to highway 88, then drive up 88 to hermit.

I may be down depending on rig requirements. I have heard Strawberry is fun but no idea about it's difficulty.

I hope to have the new Armored Stocker running and on the trail by then.

strawberry is easy. I would say maybe 31s open open but I havent ran that trail in like 10 years.

Bump

strawberry is Open, called the forest service today !

it will be the easiest trail on the SF list ! lets fit it in Thursday Or Weds !

Ok lets make this happen. Since we are going big this year I want to lock down hermit valley so maybe we do this weds on the way to hermit as optional?

Has a final decision been made on what day? I could not do it on Wednesday but I could meet up with you all in Tahoe on Thursday AM to hit it on the way to Hermit.

I would love to run this trail but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get up there early enough to make it on time. I will get off work at 7am and still have to pack some stuff before heading out. So it would probably be noon-ish at the earliest to be around Strawberry.

I think there will be 2 potential strawberry runs - one for folks coming out of Rubicon on Weds and going straight to Hermit, and one for folks staying the night in Tahoe after the Rubicon and then coming up Thursday.

If Someone wants to volunteer to lead one of those runs, please contact me and we can post up.

If I go to hermit weds after rubicon I probably wont make Strawberry

its been so long since Ive ran it. I cant remember. I want to say a couple hours. but it was closed for like 7 years with some reroutes so I have no idea anymore.

In doing some research on strawberry it looks like it is not a very challenging trail. Some of the reviews on Alltrails are saying that stock rigs can make it without much trouble.

Since I will be joining for the second part of Sierra Fest my plan is to run Strawberry on Thursday morning, gonna try and get to the north side trailhead off of 50 around 9am and complete it from North to South.

Then drive down to Hermit Valley to meet up with the rest of the group at the campground.

Anybody want to join me for a Thursday AM run?

In doing some research on strawberry it looks like it is not a very challenging trail. Some of the reviews on Alltrails are saying that stock rigs can make it without much trouble.

Since I will be joining for the second part of Sierra Fest my plan is to run Strawberry on Thursday morning, gonna try and get to the north side trailhead off of 50 around 9am and complete it from North to South.

Then drive down to Hermit Valley to meet up with the rest of the group at the campground.

Anybody want to join me for a Thursday AM run?

Yeah its a pretty easy trail, just one hard part at the 50 side and thats about it

Still planing on hitting Strawberry trial on Thursday AM, planing on getting to the trail head about 9:30-10:00 and taking it over the top to 88 then onto Hermit.

Hit me up in anybody wants to Roll with me.

I wanted to try to make this, but think I'll just head straight to DV.

Back