• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help replacing the turn signal arm.

riverside

NAXJA Forum User
How do I replace the turn signal arm on a 92?
Not the switch, just the arm (see photo).
Do I just pull on it (as I was told)?
What about the wire that presently goes no where?
Thanks!!

Can't see your picture, but yes, it just pulls out. It takes a bit of a jerk and you want to be pulling nice and straight or other stuff will break.

The wire hanging out I'm assuming is for the cruise control switches, which if it's not plugged in...maybe you don't have cruise?

Can't see your picture, but yes, it just pulls out. It takes a bit of a jerk and you want to be pulling nice and straight or other stuff will break.

The wire hanging out I'm assuming is for the cruise control switches, which if it's not plugged in...maybe you don't have cruise?

Great, thanks, Yes, I do have cruise control, but where does the wire(s) go?
1-QzQZTxHgKYpesl4Q2bD84jp0hE74ERL

Maybe this image will work, this is the part I bought.

Photo hosting is not on the site yet. It is being actively worked on though.

The wire (I believe with two leads) is coming from within the steering column and looks like it somehow hooked up to the turn signal.
How do I activate the curse control?
I recently bought the vehicle used.
Thanks

If the new stick has no wire, and no cruise switch (as shown in the pic) then you got the wrong one. The one you have is for a vehicle without cruise control.

Somehow, that doesn't look like the arm for an XJ. Is this an XJ (Cherokee)? For a '92, it just doesn't look right.

David Bricker / SYR

Back