• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NacFest 2019! PLEASE READ!!!

Just rebooked mine, I'm good to go for the new dates.

I personally would prefer a weekend without a competitive group at the campground and Rausch, but I doubt that even the following weekend wouldn't have some type of event or club rally. I bet it's probably a weekly occurrence between May and September at Rausch. Might a good reason to consider AOAA for our Saturday run, perhaps fewer groups to contend with...

In summary, I'm good with the 26th.

i'd be ok with a change of venue, a pre paid 2 day pass @ aoaa is 60$ and no club to join that cost 30 $

The later date appears to open up the campground by a huge margin, things are leaning that way, no question. As someone who has not yet visited AOAA, curiosity has me hooked and would not be against a run there in August some time. Rocktoberfest will be making a reappearance this year, as far as I know. That would be up to the others on the BOD to determine and run. I will definitely not be able to make any run in October due to us taking time off for Moab and winterizing the Rock House...I strongly encourage a rocktoberfest run at the very least. AOAA looks great, but logistics are in consideration. There is not enough comfy camping nearby to allow for a full event to be based there, as far as I know. That said, it is in our future plans.
Rich

sorry to get to the party late, yes aoaa is cheaper, less crowded, and has more land. how ever there is only 2 camping places, and hotels are 40 mins away in Danville. neither camp sites have cabins :( it's rv's and tents. the place we use is over 20 mins a way, an back a long winding road. but for 5$ a person for tent camping with showers ! it can't be beat. the trail head camp ground is getting in better shape, the trail head is joined to the park, not on park property, nor run by the park. as of now it has porta pottys and no showers. just a level piece of ground to park on. they promised to be way further then were they are by now. they were to have showers, power, and water at camp sites. no plans other then rv's and tents I have one weekend in augest left to wheel @ aoaa. if any one wants to go i'd be ok to guide a small group. even if it's sept or oct. the later months work for me, so we can camp, an the trail dogs will be cooler.

I made my first run to AOAA with Eric back in February (see his "Trail of Tears" thread). Everyone ended up bunking in the Quality Inn right off exit 100 of I-81.

Was about a 35-40 minute run up to the place from there, so yeah, slightly more challenging logistically for an "official" event.

I completely understand people wanting to run a new area, no question. We are looking at doing something with AOAA in possibly in September.
Logistics-wise, rausch is the most obvious choice for nacfest, but if we had a dedicated group that wanted to run that instead of rausch, even just for one of the days, with a designated trail leader, that could definitely be an option we should look at for next year. Handling the dinner and whatnot kind of ties me to staying close, but if a group wants to peel off to AOAA I'm all for it.
I spoke at length with a friend of Andy's yesterday at the York show who is very involved with Burning Rock off-road park in West Virginia.
10,000 acres and good infrastructure
Even a bunkhouse for club runs, I'm addition to cabins and tent sites. I'm smelling a spring run.

You were down at PAJeeps too? Blast, I was there from about 11am through the end of the raffle and never spotted you. Of course, I wasn't looking all that hard.

Did you notice the guys selling Gorilla Glass windshields? Interesting idea, wonder how much work it took to get DOT to bless those...

Back