• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NacFest 2019 ! Information and Explanation!

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, I know this is awful soon, but seriously our tentative date for NAC fest '19 is June 19(Wednesday night) thru June 22(Saturday)! It hasn't been fully discussed, but here is why I say that now!....=
1. The actual date has been good for years for a few reasons, mainly it accommodates families with school age kids, it's not too awful hot yet, and yeah, that's keeping with year's past.
2. The bronco roundup is clearly not moving dates and is getting bigger... if we don't jump early, they will slowly swallow up all the sites for that timeline.
3. If we want to get that pavilion for our dinner Saturday nite, I need to get that reserved , like , in the next couple days, or we may lose it, which would throw our whole event out the window there...normally we get it free so long as 8 cabin rentals are tied to it. I have already reserved the same cabin I was in this year for the next, and I STRONGLY suggest you do the same, NOW.
TwinGrove is our best option, trust me, I have looked at and personally visited all others.
Rich

And that is in fact a good question. I'll look into it when I get home tonight and see if it's doable as far as reservation availability. It might even be more packed because of the fireworks, but that is worth a look!
Thanks!

Booked my cabin. Hope the date doesn’t move. Now what I’d like to know is if we’re sticking with Rausch for the event or considering AOAA. I’d be down with some new trails.

Now that I am home and have looked, I have to say that Ben has made an excellent suggestion, as the following week (June 26-30th) is WIDE OPEN..
Rescheduled reservations trigger a 15 dollar fee, but for the folks who have done that already, I will make it up in your registration fee for '19...
Any objections to shifting to the 26th-30th?
Rich

Now that I am home and have looked, I have to say that Ben has made an excellent suggestion, as the following week (June 26-30th) is WIDE OPEN..
Rescheduled reservations trigger a 15 dollar fee, but for the folks who have done that already, I will make it up in your registration fee for '19...
Any objections to shifting to the 26th-30th?
Rich

I’m good with moving it, but rather than the club taking a hit on the registration fees how about those who switch an existing booking get an extra 15 raffle tickets? I’d be fine with that and I’ll still buy more raffle tickets. Can’t let Stefan and Ben win it all...

Wow, if it stays 19-22nd, I might actually be able to make it. Not joking.

--Matt

I can go with either one too.

Back