• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official NWfest discussion thread.

Mnkyboy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The plan is June 23rd-25th in Naches Washington as usual but the event will be moved to Longmire meadow camp ground.

The new location is about a mile from Long meadow campground, Long meadow will still be available to us if needed but try to camp near the entrance if possible to not interfere with the bike race that will be held there,hopefully we don't need to use Long meadow at all though.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I don't know this one at all. Is it along the same road but before the bridge? We like to bring our motor home so I just want to be sure it has as much room as our usual spot.

what are the trails like at NWfest? i am interested in going if i have the time off work... but i am a new to wheeling and am just getting acquainted with the capabilities of my jeep so i dont want to bite off more than i can chew... any beginner friendly trails at NWfest? also, i dont trailer my jeep so i want to make sure i can drive it to and from... so i cant really be breaking the crap out of it...

sounds awesome.. i will definitely try to make it.. im starting a new job soon so it will depend on my work schedule.. but im pretty confident i can make it happen..

Northwest Fest 2017
June 23rd-25th Naches WA

Who: NWF this year will be open to all members and guests. NWF is a way for us to give back to those who support the NWC.

When: This years event will be taking place, June 23rd-25th Official trail runs will happen Friday and Saturday. However, many will arrive earlier to set up camp, and get some more trail time in. The NWC BBQ and Raffle will take place Saturday evening (more details to come).

Where: the location has changed this year,the headquarters for NWF will be at Longmire Meadow Campground, located just a few miles up the Little Naches Road (1900rd). Our traditional site Longmeadow is just down the road and will be available to us if needed for overflow but there will be a motorcycle race held there,if you choose to camp there we ask that you stay near the entrance as to not interefere with the race,the plan is to stage out of Longmire Meadow.

From Naches, WA travel west on Highway 12 for 4.4 miles. Continue straight onto Highway 410 W for 24.2 miles. Turn right on Little Naches Road / Forest Road 1900 and follow 4 miles. The site is on the left side of the road.
GPS location 47.027339, -121.153696

Map Link: Printable maps used to be available online via the USFS, but I'm no longer seeing them. You can purchase some maps of the area at the Naches Ranger District though.

10237 Highway 12
Naches, WA 98937
(509) 653-1401

Amenities: Longmire Meadow is fairly primitive. There is a pit toilet, and that's about it. There's plenty of space available for trailers, campers, and tents. The nearest place for ice, water, gas, and food is Whistlin Jacks. It's approximately five miles down the highway from camp (~15 minutes). It also wouldn't hurt to bring some firewood out too.

Also, please remember to, "Pack it in, pack it out!"

Fees: As of right now Longmire Meadow has a $5 per vehicle / per night campground fee. This fee is used to help maintain the campground, and the surrounding trails.
Please be sure to pay for your stay folks! This is heavily enforced every year, and directly reflects our club.

Permits/Passes: No special passes are required for camping or trail use. Just be sure you have the proper registration, and insurance for your vehicle. There are some local hiking trailheads that require a NW Forest Pass though. A day pass can be purchased from Whistlin' Jacks.

Vehicle Requirements: NWF is open to all vehicles. Naches offers a wide range of trail difficulties. Here's a list of items that all vehicles need to have with them on the trails, per By-laws. We will be checking for these items upon check-in.
visibly charged fire extinguisher
first aid kit
adequate spare tire (or plug kit), jack, and lug wrench
safety belts for both the driver and passenger(s)
adequate tow points front and rear (tow hooks, d-rings, shackle/clevis)
20ft 10,000lb tow strap without any attached metal hooks
secured battery (no bungee cords)
CB Radio: Optional, but recommended
Legalities: It's highly recommended your vehicle be street legal as possible (doors, flaps, flares) when commuting to and from the trails. A few miles of Forest Service roads or highway will need to be traveled on to reach many of the trails. If your vehicle is not street legal, plan to trailer to the trail head. Please obey all local speed limits, and traffic laws. Again, your actions reflect on the club.

Expectations: As this is an official NWC event, please review our equipment and participation standards. We strive to create a positive image for our sport.

This years event is open to forum users too.

Do consider upgrading to a full membership though,we are a non profit so any money you pay goes to fight for land causes or back into the club and its members.

We are having a membership drive this month so upgrading your account puts you in the running for some awesome prizes.

Need to get to work building the new rig..... lots to do

Back