• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap S.O.B. needs gutter mounts and rails

Shorty

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I just looked at the Yakima website and decided they're on crack if they think I'm forking over $300.00 for rails to mount my free roof rack. Any one got a set of drip rail mounts and/or cross bars that they would like to get rid of?

JCR makes the mounts I believe. Weld some steel to those and mount the rack to them.

yeah, I guess that would be a little cheaper, huh? I know I saw a template for making them at some point, but failed to bookmark where it was-- I guess at JCR prices, I'll probably let them do the work...

was just looking into this yesterday. didnt think about JCR! they have a much better price!

Make your own if you can fab some stuff. They are quite easy to make. I decided to make my own after also realizing how ridiculous the prices were on gutter mounts.

These are the ones I made a couple years back, still going strong. They are modelled after what comes on the Defender 110 roof racks.

I put 3 of them on each side.

DSCN0406.jpg

~ James

Back