• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle boxes..my review.

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
Well finally got the time to install shackle boxes from
BRIANHO13

I really didnt need to change my shackle angle due to the deavers being longer, but I did need to gain about 1.5" of uptravel. i searched for different ways to do this till I found these shackle boxes.

They install easily, welding them up on the other hand took some time. Primarily due to a cheapo flux core welder, and stich welding them on so I wouldnt heat up the uni-body too much.

The only change is one that I believe he has already made. I used some tubing as a sleeve on the shackle bolt so that when you tightened the bolt that hold the box on it wouldnt crush the tin can oem shackle mount.

Box in place.

IMG00055.jpg

The great thing was that the bolt that were holding my hitch and bumper on tie into the same spot, and luckly they were long enought to re use with the shackle boxes.

Welding them up.
IMG00058.jpg

IMG00060.jpg

I did change the shackle angle slightly from 32 deg to around 43 deg.
ride definitely improved.Which was shocking since the Deaver springs already ride great, especially with the shock hoops by Billy at OTR fabwerks and the 14" travel bilstein 7100 valved at 248/94.

Full droop
IMG00061.jpg

Playing with the high lift
IMG00067.jpg

IMG00068.jpg

IMG00070.jpg

While I was at it I added some new carpet to the rear. Man o man those shock hoops look great.

i woudl like to say thanks to Billy at OTR fabwerks for all the time spent on the shock hoops and bumpstop mounts, this project couldnt have been done without you, Dirk At DPG for the spring plates, they make a great starting point for the lower shock mounts and they are super beefy so they can be used as the lower pad for the air bumps. Lastly Scott at Deaver springs for the outstanding workmanship on the leaf springs, and Brian for the trick shackle boxes, definitely worth the money for anyone looking to get more flex. vbmenu_register("postmenu_243923167", true);

Killer! Glad you are happy with them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back