• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Sierra Fest 2014 Schedule of Events

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
For the Rubicon Trail ride, see the separate thread for that.

Sierra Fest 2014 will be held at the same location as last year which is the Hermit Valley Campground on Hwy 4. See this thread for directions.

The tentative schedule of events will be as follows:

Aug 7th (Thu) - Arrival day, possible trail ride (TBA)

Aug 8th (Fri) - Deer Valley Trail (to first water crossing)
Evening: Annual night run to the top of the ridge

Aug 9th (Sat) - Slick Rock Road
Evening: BBQ and Raffle

Aug 10th (Sun) - pack up and head home

Looks like these trails are rated as difficult. I have a 13 JK with a 3.5" lift and rear locker, 33" tires. I'm new at this. Have done all the moderate trails at Hollister (which actually seem fairly easy) but don't want to tear up the jeep not knowing what I'm doing. Do you think these trails would be to hard for me at this time?

Justin

You'll be fine with your setup. These are medium trails. I highly recommend diff guards if you dont have them.

Hi Eric:

Looking at pictures of these trails they look like they have some really rough spots. I have only been wheeling for a year, so I think these might be above my comfort zone as it is my wife's one year old Jeep. And she's watching for any scratches. I think next year with some more experience would help a lot.

Do you have any tad easier trails on your run schedule for this year?

One year we did do some easier runs to Corral Hollow and Barney Riley. We could add those trails in depending on desired participation.

If you are not sure about taking your rig due to potential damage, you certainly could still join us and find an open seat to ride along. That would give you an idea of what you would be in for if you did take your rig the following year. Plus you could still be there for the BBQ and raffle which are definitely highlights of the event.

Hi Eric: Like the idea of easier trails to start with also hitching a ride to get an idea is great. I'll see what my wife has planned for August and try to get up there.

Justin

Hi Eric: Like the idea of easier trails to start with also hitching a ride to get an idea is great. I'll see what my wife has planned for August and try to get up there.

Justin

you could come out and camp and then ride along with someone, that way you get to keep the jeep clean and get to see the trails.

Yes it is but it can be travled from the south to the first water crossing. We cant cross and turn back there

Ah ok very cool, I should have figured theres a way around esp when we're talking about jeeps here . . . sorry to sound like a noob. I hope to join you guys for some treks soon!

Never been to Hermit Valley...are the sites big enough to park a truck camper with trailer?

What time will you be heading out to Slick Rock Road tomorrow? I want to try to meet up with you guys.

Back