• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Trails.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Looks like there are some post on FB about new trails. There is a whole new section being added on the Putney side but they are unsure when they will be starting on them or open. So what trails are you looking forward to running this year? Rail Bed and Fish Fossil are two of my favorites. I really want to get back on Lower Damnation. Have not been on that in a couple years.

I didn't get to run Railbed last year. Fish fossil was fun. I'd like to run that one again. Lower damnation looked fun as well but I didn't get a chance to run it.

If all goes to plan and I'm able to tow my Jeep, I'd like to run Railbed, Fish Fossil, Grape Vine was awesome to ride up last year, so I'd like to do that again. It'd be awesome to go up to the helicopter pad again too. That was awesome.

Mark and I are planning to try and run a lot more new stuff this year too. I'm hoping it is dry.

If it's dry I'd like to make a quick run of Mason Jar again. By quick I mean, book it through there and hit some more trails instead of 6 hours through there and go home afterwards. lol

I'd like to get with a group that goes out early and rides until late.

There are a few you tube videos of some new trails in Harlan. They looked heavy, there may be some lighter trails. I can't wait to find out!

I want to run the harder exit on middle RG and I have a bone to pick with Rail bed.

Other than that...just want to try and run ones we haven't run yet...which is most of them!

I want to run the harder exit on middle RG and I have a bone to pick with Rail bed.

Other than that...just want to try and run ones we haven't run yet...which is most of them!

Which one are you talking about the FAR left exit on MRG?

You should start at the bottom and run Grapevine then MRG. That was fun.

I may do that.

Yeah the far left exit on MRG. If I'd had a locker up front I'd have tried that last year...this year I am locked up front so I'd like to give it a go.

I may do that.

Yeah the far left exit on MRG. If I'd had a locker up front I'd have tried that last year...this year I am locked up front so I'd like to give it a go.

Oh yeah. It was a fun spot. I want to hit the same spot again but with the new tires this time.

Fyi. The trails have changed significantly since last summer. For example I saw lots of Rigs with 40s denied on railbed. I heard that they are working on a new lions den like trail off trail 5. But I did not have a chance to check it out.

Does anyone know if the maps reflect the new trails that have been added?

Fyi. The trails have changed significantly since last summer. For example I saw lots of Rigs with 40s denied on railbed. I heard that they are working on a new lions den like trail off trail 5. But I did not have a chance to check it out.

Was it one of the exits off rail bed or the rocks after pinball? I know in '13 we all pretty much went right up...last year everyone was winched (if memory served). If it's worse this year hold on to yer butts!

I know they've had a lot of rain. On pirate there was one of the locals who either works or volunteers on the trails there and he was giving weekly updates on existing and new trails...but it seems like he stopped posting a few weeks ago.

Just talked with Stephen, he said they have not updated the maps yet.

Just talked with Stephen, he said they have not updated the maps yet.

Yea that is what the Black Mountain people told me. They did say they will be doing a new map soon though but not before July.

Was it one of the exits off rail bed or the rocks after pinball? I know in '13 we all pretty much went right up...last year everyone was winched (if memory served). If it's worse this year hold on to yer butts!

I know they've had a lot of rain. On pirate there was one of the locals who either works or volunteers on the trails there and he was giving weekly updates on existing and new trails...but it seems like he stopped posting a few weeks ago.

The nasty spot on Railbed was between the first exit and the real exits (right and left) near where the large rock used to be in the middle of the trail that forced you to go hard left near the large metal rail in the side of the hill.

I took a look at the flip flop trail (at the end of lower rock garden on the way to Killin time. It did not look finished, there were no visable tire tracks going out what I think was the exit.

Jim

Back