• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab March 13-17

Poofengle

NAXJA Forum User
Well, Justin (who's not on these forums) and I had a great time in Moab. We arrived on friday and stayed until thursday the next week. We were going to leave on wednesday, but Justin broke his driveshaft and it took a bit of time to get a new one built. While we were there we ran Fins, Hell's Revenge, the first little bit of Cliffhanger, Poison Spider, Steelbender, and Gold Bar Rim; but enough talk, it's time for some pictures!

We arrived friday night and set up camp in the slickrock campground.
DSC00559.jpg

On Saturday, we ran Fins & Things and Hell's Revenge
DSC00578.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

On Sunday we did the first little bit of Cliffhanger, but since it was raining we decided to turn back because it was getting real slick

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

The next day we were going to run Poison Spider Mesa/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim, but Justin had a little mishap on PSM
DSC00648.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

Broken driveshaft
DSC00682.jpg

Just aluminum and cardboard...
DSC00700.jpg

How we got back to camp
DSC00704.jpg

The next day we did steelbender
DSC00715.jpg

Lil' bit of trail damage
DSC00716.jpg

Then on wednesday, 4x4 Outpost finished building Justin a fancy new driveshaft...
DSC00724.jpg

...and we promptly ran out and did Gold Bar Rim
DSC00729.jpg

DSC00738-1.jpg

At the end of the day we aired up, re-attached our sway bars, and in the morning we headed on home
DSC00748-1.jpg

The full album is located here if anyone's interested

I'm jealous. I just had to cancel my participation in the spring Moab trip.

Back