• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear ds slip yoke length(static)

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I Need some input on how much slip yoke should be showing.
Specs:
89 xj 4.0 5 speed RE 5.5 lift,jb conversions sye,front ds in rear,chrysler 8.25.

I have it at the shop right now for a balance and it is getting a new slip yoke because the original has play.Before they balance it I want to make sure it is the right length so if it needs shortened they can do it at the same time they balance it.

I measured it before I removed it and it had 1" of slip showing at ride height which makes me think it needs shortened a little......????

TIA.

It's difficult to answer you..

How long have you been running it in its present state???

I agree one inch is not much.. But if you've been running it, maybe its okay .

Good Luck
Nick

Search some of the H&T SYE/stock front DS threads and see if that gets mentioned.

You rear DS will compress more than it will extend as you travel on the trails. Jack up the rear and let the axle and tires hang free. Your axle won't droop much more than that on the trails. Load the hatch full of junk (or well fed friends) and see how much the axle stuffs and the DS compresses. Most of the time on the trails one wheel stuffs as the other droops, then they just go the other way.

I have a 2000 with RE H&T SYE/stock front DS and Chry 8.25. It has an RE 3.5 lift and 31's. I have been to Moab twice and have had no problems. My rear slip has 1" exposed when parked.

Last edited:
The local napa machine shop.The drive line guy seems to know his stuff so I'll bring this up when I talk to him today....thanks for the replies.

Back