• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Track Bar

davidson99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ordering a adjustable track bar...just wanted some input on what to get and where to get its from....looked the rough country adjustable one for 4"-6" lift and has the new frame side drop bracket. And its only $130

i have the IRO trackbar myself the double shear unit. I'd recommend it, it's beefy and works pretty well for my lift.

the RC one looks like it could be decent except the bar itself is smaller than the IRO one. It's also double sheer. The main difference is the use of a heim joint on the RC. The one on the IRO, the bushings are replaceable which is a plus.

The rock krawler bomb proof track bar makes the IRO look like childs play. Its fot a solid steel design, super beefy bracket, indestructable heim joint. I love mine.

Rubber bushings in a track bar is stupid if you ask me, why would you want and movement side to side in your axle? Im changing mine out for another heim on my trackbar.

IRO for the win!!!! save up a lil more and do it right the first time cuz you will just end up replacing whatever "cheaper" one you put. just my .02 and experience

I would like a bigger one but right now I am on a TIGHT budget. Amd need to get my rig back on the road
Its 60 bucks man, I'd rather have an 1.25 solid steel bar holding my axle in place than a hollow dinky thing.......

If you want beefy here ya go
1st choice is a HD clayton
2nd is the rockkrawler bomb proof
the rest are junk!

How do you figure? I guess 1.25" solid stock is junk? :dunno:

Solid stock isn't needed and what joints and bushings are we talking about?

No joints, rubber bushings. Its held up well in the 7 wheeling trips i've been on this year. At least 2 hours of highway/interstate driving on each trip too. I'm not saying solid stock is needed but it will prevent the trackbar from folding up, which I have seen the RC one do.

I have not had any problems with my IRO. I have put it too the test a lot this year.

better to have something with a heavy duty body side bracket. they are also not the toughest bars

I beg to differ as I have seen both claytons and my Ironman side by side and they are the same quality of craftsmanship. Also the factory bodyside mount when fitted with Andy's double sheer conversion that is welded in is stronger than most aftermarket mounts do to the fact that the material used to make the mount is very thick and it has a bend in the outside of the bracket to brace it to resist flex. Most aftermarket mounts are made out of flatstock that will flex. Not dogging on any other aftermarket mounts because they get the job done but this guy asked for a good AFFORDABLE piece and Ironman gets it without skipping where it counts. Claytons and IRO are both very well made products and I would hands down put either one on my Jeep however these names come with a price. All I am saying is Ironman is the best bang for your buck and that is what the OP was asking for.

DO NOT BUY ROUGH COUNTRY OR RUSTYS!!!!

I beg to differ as I have seen both claytons and my Ironman side by side and they are the same quality of craftsmanship. Also the factory bodyside mount when fitted with Andy's double sheer conversion that is welded in is stronger than most aftermarket mounts do to the fact that the material used to make the mount is very thick and it has a bend in the outside of the bracket to brace it to resist flex. Most aftermarket mounts are made out of flatstock that will flex. Not dogging on any other aftermarket mounts because they get the job done but this guy asked for a good AFFORDABLE piece and Ironman gets it without skipping where it counts. Claytons and IRO are both very well made products and I would hands down put either one on my Jeep however these names come with a price. All I am saying is Ironman is the best bang for your buck and that is what the OP was asking for.

DO NOT BUY ROUGH COUNTRY OR RUSTYS!!!!

Nothing wrong with thr RC track bar if you aren't wheeling super hard. One failed at Winterfest this year and Jason at RC had another there the next day. It was a freak failure that shouldn't have happened but the customer service is phenomenal. With the height of my jeep, nobody but IRO made a double shear trackbar for it.

Nothing wrong with thr RC track bar if you aren't wheeling super hard. One failed at Winterfest this year and Jason at RC had another there the next day. It was a freak failure that shouldn't have happened but the customer service is phenomenal. With the height of my jeep, nobody but IRO made a double shear trackbar for it.

they may have good customer service but they need to step up their parts game. my buddy has one on his xj. both bushings were beat in 4 month and one rock hit bent the hell out of the bar

Back