• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New stock height suspension

They are flat but for intended purpose would be sufficient if looking for stock replacement and never going to tow. I'd look at OME, Deaver and Alcan. In that order. Remember you get what you pay for.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I put moog cc782 coils and dorman leaf packs with rc shackles on my 98. Running 30" falkens, seems like the coils are abit rough. Was thinking about getting another set of oem coils and using 2" spacers. Unfortunately i scraped my original front springs :(

Looking at reviews for the General and the Crown springs mentioned in this thread, it looks like they are all ending up flat quick.

:(

So do we have anything like a consensus for leaf springs for an unlifted daily driver? OME is out apparently as they always add lift, right?

They are flat but for intended purpose would be sufficient if looking for stock replacement and never going to tow. I'd look at OME, Deaver and Alcan. In that order. Remember you get what you pay for.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I'm looking for springs for my father. He's too old for a lift. Wants stock height, with ability to tow a small fishing boat or trailer. I have 2" OME myself, but yeah... too much lift for him to comfortably get in and out every day.

@BALTANAKT, How do you like your 2 in OME lift? I am thinking of getting one to replace my BB 2" lift, which has sagged back very close to stock.

I love it. It's been nearly 2 years. Looks no different than day 1. With WJ LCA's I got rid of some NVH. Wheels great, travels great. Very nice ride.

Got the Dorman leaf springs and Moog coils in with new factory shackles and I measure 19" center of hub to fender front and rear. A bit higher than I expected but it rides alright so I will see how it settles over the next month.

@BALTANAKT, How do you like your 2 in OME lift? I am thinking of getting one to replace my BB 2" lift, which has sagged back very close to stock.

I had the 2" OME lift on my 98' XJ and loved it. It road nice and sucked up the bigger hits on fire roads and in desert washes great. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for the best ride and doesn't need an extreme lift.

Back