• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cast Alum. Dana 35 Diff. Cover 4 Sale

Also Have a Set of '81-96 Cherokee Front Parking Light Housings, off a '96, 2 door, Fair to Good Cond., And a 2yr old Pair of H4 Halogen Headlights.
If Anybody's Interested. Make Me an Offer..... Or Will Throw Them In w/ the Diff Cover Too!
Just Changed mine out for Euro Housings & LEDs.
US58

Last edited:
If Anyone is Close by & Is Willing to Help me This Weekend, to Replace my Front Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends & Control Arms (w/ Bolts Frozen to the Bushings)
Everything that I Have Listed & More (Lots of Light Bulbs/ Just Converted Everything to LED) Upper & Lower Control Arms & another Diff Cover I have Listed IS YOURS.
Any Takers?
An Extra Pair of Hands would be Very Handy & I'll Buy the Beer/Liquor/Cigarettes of Your Choice Too!
Just would be Nice to Have another Jeeper around to Help & Talk to, while I'm gettin this Stuff Done.
UncleSarge58

Jeep ball joints are a royal bitch even on a 2wd. I'll say a few prayers for you, LOL. All I can physically do, anyway. Took my helper a week to finish doing 4 ball joints. Had to rent $350 worth, 4 ball joint tool sets from 4 stores before we finally found the right damn tools. Nearly destroyed one ball joint.....One of the hardest things I have run across. I had aid help, no way I could have done them with my arthritis and weak muscles...The rest is a piece of cake on jeeps. At least you do not have to fork with the coil spring to the ball joints. Oh, and presoak them for a few days with PB-Blaster first, even the new ones just before you press them in. Wish I had an impact tool, would have made it far easier.

Did learn that the drag link can be a pain depending on how you lift the front end, axle. Lifting can put it in a bind depending on how you lift it, but I forget the details.

Thanx for the Tips & Prayers Mike.
Hafta Put Off the Front End until my Adjustable Track Bar gets here in a few days.
Gonna Work on the Upper & Lower Control Arms Today & Tomorrow.
Need to Go to Harbor Freight, First & get a Ball Joint Press & a BFH.
Luckily I Do Have an Impact Driver & a Big Compressor.
Also gotta stop by the Beer Store for some Liquid Patience.
Might be Stuck Here for the Next Day or So!
US58

Thanx for the Tips & Prayers Mike.
Hafta Put Off the Front End until my Adjustable Track Bar gets here in a few days.
Gonna Work on the Upper & Lower Control Arms Today & Tomorrow.
Need to Go to Harbor Freight, First & get a Ball Joint Press & a BFH.
Luckily I Do Have an Impact Driver & a Big Compressor.
Also gotta stop by the Beer Store for some Liquid Patience.
Might be Stuck Here for the Next Day or So!
US58

I suggest renting (free, just a deposit) the 4 part ball joint socket set and a separate ball joint press. I am not aware of a single kit that has both in one kit, like you need for the jeep ball joints. The 4 socket 4wd kit costs about $80 for a quality set of just the 4 sockets, that will fit the jeep ball joints properly. See my old thread from earlier this year on the headaches and links to the proper kit on the OEM forum here.

EcoMike,
Decided that I'm Gonna Leave the Ball Joints to the Professionals at my Local Auto Care Joint. (Still Shopping)
Gonna do the Tie Rod Ends & Adj. Track Bar Myself (Have the Tools & Know how)
Will Do this Just Prior to a Scheduled Appointment for the Ball Joints, Adj. Upper Control Arms Install & a Front End Alignment.
1st Two Just Sound Like Too Much of a PIA for Me to Deal with & I Don't Have the Time or Equipment for the Third.
Got the Lower Control Arms Installed Today!
US58

The hard part of the ball joints was not having the right sockets, thinking I did and finding out I did not, and trying 3 more times to find them. Also not having an impact wrench or the right size cheater pipe at the time made it hard.

You need to pull and usually damage the tie rod ends just to get to the ball joints!!!! So you might want to re-plan the sequence.

Back