• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Penrose 6/27/10

ClarkPeach

NAXJA Forum User
First time down in this area, and I had a blast! Except for the retarded mountain folk in their too-clean-to-ever-be-wheeled rigs that kept blocking the trail, the people and trail were fantastic, and even had the privilege to hang out with a couple of East Coast NAXJA members for the day!:)

Break downs were few and far between, even though my personal rig and a couple others took some pretty good cosmetic some steering damage (Nicely bent my Rusty's "HD" tie rod).

All in all, I had a pretty damn good time.

Here's a few of the pictures that Mike and I took with my Camera. I have a bunch more, but am too tired to get them all cropped this evening. Enjoy!

35817_1381345968395_1074300297_31006173_913024_n.jpg

35817_1381346008396_1074300297_31006174_4554733_n.jpg

35817_1381346048397_1074300297_31006175_594982_n.jpg

35817_1381346128399_1074300297_31006177_3206174_n.jpg

35817_1381346168400_1074300297_31006178_4964552_n.jpg

35817_1381346208401_1074300297_31006179_7554137_n.jpg

35817_1381346248402_1074300297_31006180_6381954_n.jpg

35817_1381346288403_1074300297_31006181_4541765_n.jpg

35817_1381346328404_1074300297_31006182_5285363_n.jpg

I just got home... I am beat. That sure was fun. I didn't even have to drive much either. lol

First i would like to thank mike for setting the trip up!

Next I would like to thank the the two New Yorkers for joining the trip as well. Funny funny guys.

I feel bad for JD cause he had lots of problems. let us know how it goes man.

When's the next run? lol

I'm home finally too. We all hit Texas roadhouse afterwards for
some much needed food. Turned into a very long day as penrose had a feild day eating peoples rigs. There were a few tire malfunctions, some steering and body damage. Broken hydro steering setups a flop and some other stuff. Defi itely was an interesting day. Kick ass group tho and I had a blast finally dropping bunker hill. Our east coast friends were pure entertainment and cool rigs for sure.
:thumbup:

And Clark ya gotta get the pics of everyo e else up too geeee. This guy :D

Ah we had fun, Just got home. Yup had some problems but all in all a good day. My pics are coming tomorrow. Cut a sidewall Yipee for road hazzard, IE free tire. broke my trackbar bracket, Flores the 1/4 steel broke before my welds, So if you need some welding classes LMK.

So I'll put the cage on hold for a few days and do some bracket work on the good old 30. Probley do some new coil buckets ass well why I'm at it.

Thanks Mike for puttin together a great run! We'll have to do it again so I can show Penrose who's the boss. LOL

Here's my pics
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/hammerandnailsco/Penrose%2006-27-10/

Got home around 11:30......... holeeee kerapppp that was a long day!

Yeah, kinda bummed the original plan failed to have the two groups meet up after dropping into Indy - after well over an hour, I just didn't want to wait around and had to do some 'wheeling....... long trip NOT to get some in........ :D

We got stuck behind some YJ some dude bought from the owner that modded it. He had NO idea what to do with the damn thing. Starter fell out and the positive terminal shorted against the frame...... big mess. Kiefer, Tip and I missed out on dropping into Indy because of that fool. :mad:

Truggy may have some t-case issues - angry midget with a big hammer took up residence in there on the way back to the truck. Hopefully just needs a chain/bearing and shift forks or something....... Otherwise, no carnage. The new beadlocks look well used now though....... :looney:

Our east coast friends were a riot! They have big brass cajones though, driving those XJ's from NY to CA then wheeling lots of places on the way back. Wish them all good luck with the rest of their trip! :thumbup:

Sounds like J-9 will be adding a few items to her XJ mod list after this trip! :D

Oh, and don't let Elguapo ride shotgun in your rig....... bad brown-guy mojo....... he was in JD's rig all day....... and we all know what happened there........ :laugh:

jd tossed radiator hose, broke over axle bracket for trac bar, lost a tire, was losing ATF like mad, a few dings in the doors, winch controler broke....and thats all i can think of right now...still super tired from yesterday

I'm super tired from yesterday. Went to work and got sent home cause there was nothing to do. Worked out perfectly. Time to go back to bed.
I believe jd was also losing his power steering about 15 from the exit.

I had a great time, decided to trade in my transam for a daily driver that's fwd fun and reliable/ should b able to trade it in- Ima focus on my rig for wheelin.

I've got some cool pictures, will post when I get out later tonight

Thanks for the trip guys! Steak n potoatos was the perfect way to end the day, awsome time and great to hangout with everyone

Oh yeah, and not many things learned on this trip, but here goes:

1) It's NEVER ok to use underwear as a hand rag.......
2) The Penrose area is home to small bugs that do nothing but look for human orfices to fly into.
3) Apparently "legit" is the new "cool"........ even on the east coast.
4) Janine WILL bring the guilt where Texas Roadhouse dinner rolls are concerned.
5) Have a tow rig? Be prepared to NOT haul your own junk home....... :D
6) Have a tow rig? You'll find out just how many removeable XJ doors the bed and trailer will hold.
7) Having to do XJ repairs next to a guy washing massive blackwater/septic tank spillage from his RV is NEVER pleasant.

troy you hit it on the nose!
anyone got pics of corey using those boxers to dry his hands?

and i think janine gave me the death stare a few times as she drove the jeep out as i was drooling over the thought of texas roadhouse rolls...and then got stuck between her and the wall white eating them! i had nowhere to go!!!!!

and i really need more steering umph so si can actually turn the tires...or maybe bumpstops to keep em out of my body so itll be easier to turn! lol...good times for sure

i'll have my pics up as soon as they get up onto flickr... sitting in a ben & jerrys in boulder right now leaching wifi.. oh, and now BOTH my front doors are stuck shut. i'm dukes of hazzard-ing my way in and out of the cherocar til i get home. and troy, some of those midgets got into my jeep too... tcase is saying hello to my floors every time i hit the gas. hahahaha.

and sam's jeep drives just fine. that ahole.

very nice...sorry no net at the house :dunno:
im interested to see the pics and see the pics i got of everyone on clarks camera...

dont worry about it mike, we literally fell asleep the second we got settled. seriously, thanks again! next time we're in town we owe you some brews!

no prob, let me know next time youre in town and you can crash again :thumbup:
enjoy the rest of your trip guys!
blog best place to follow you guys or what?

Back