• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel this weekend

We are suppose to get a decent amount of snow so if anything changes let me know. Likewise, it could slow my travel times down but I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

it is icy but that's what makes it fun, we camped out had a nice little fire.

Did y'all end up going? What did the trails look like?
We did go and it was a blast. The snow was a couple feet deep in some spots but we had a great time. There was a lot of winching but it's always good to use your recovery equipment every once in awhile.

My front locker was hit or miss. If it was working I would've tackled a lot more but the ole xj did surprisingly well and only got stuck on the very steep rock climb on iron clads. Couldn't get traction on the ice and just spun on the rocks 3/4 of the way up.

My front diff is currently taken apart and she'll be good as new this week (also developed a small leak). I think my actuator was frozen, thus the front cable wouldn't fully engage the locker.

Didn't take many pics but here's what I got.
d7c6fa4e95f967f9909333adef4f2f7d.jpg
9896d0e5c0de30a006400f5f1d017d90.jpg
2cdc15c6fb6ed592895af128327ed600.jpg
3c593a1791e8f1d8386558f76fc4da6a.jpg
f646377f4e5e8d0a34bc9375ff90b4cb.jpg
49a572c8992e6f016e895b78b9bf4f68.jpg
73efbc5c4d3fae02587d4d5e047fafe8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

We did go and it was a blast. The snow was a couple feet deep in some spots but we had a great time. There was a lot of winching but it's always good to use your recovery equipment every once in awhile.

My front locker was hit or miss. If it was working I would've tackled a lot more but the ole xj did surprisingly well and only got stuck on the very steep rock climb on iron clads. Couldn't get traction on the ice and just spun on the rocks 3/4 of the way up.

My front diff is currently taken apart and she'll be good as new this week (also developed a small leak). I think my actuator was frozen, thus the front cable wouldn't fully engage the locker.

That. Is. Awesome. Great photos. Got to love ice. That's the issue with air and e-lockers... They work great until they don't... Or, I guess any locker. I do like the Aussie in my front. It hasn't given me any issue on the roads in 4hi, just a bit noisy, handles well, you do have to let off sometimes to correct it, no biggie (knock on wood). Unfortunately we had a buddy pass, good man, fighting the good fight in N. Africa. So we went and built a fire and passed a whisky bottle around... I need to catch up and meet everyone. looks like a great time...

That is a good lookn 2dr too.

I just drive around the block in the dodge on the unplowed roads for weekend wheeling... The Ram is a lot more fun in the snow than the ...fool...time 4 in the commander I forget how much fun that much power on 35s is playing in snow .
Oh you know that monster eats snow... 400hp and 800 tq... I'll be a fly on that wall... drifting.. lol

I just drive around the block in the dodge on the unplowed roads for weekend wheeling... The Ram is a lot more fun in the snow than the ...fool...time 4 in the commander I forget how much fun that much power on 35s is playing in snow .
Oh you know that monster eats snow... 400hp and 800 tq... I'll be a fly on that wall... drifting.. lol

Back