• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5' lift vibes

Did you remember to leave all the leaf/shackles bolts loose for a day or two so they could settle into position before torque-ing everything down. After that a couple of bounces on the bumper should settle the pinion in position.

ddbbe133bdbc5295651bb242b40d7a9e.jpg

This may help figure out where to measure from

You want pinion essentially pointed at case output for a CV shaft. so measure the shaft and the yoke angle. find the difference, try to get that as close 0° as possible. the current difference will tell you shim amount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did you remember to leave all the leaf/shackles bolts loose for a day or two so they could settle into position before torque-ing everything down. After that a couple of bounces on the bumper should settle the pinion in position.
You know what you said something about it and I forgot all about it. I guess I'll do that Sunday. (Work 10 hours every day Sunday is nearest day off)

That and re checking that the u bolts haven't backed off any.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ddbbe133bdbc5295651bb242b40d7a9e.jpg

This may help figure out where to measure from

You want pinion essentially pointed at case output for a CV shaft. so measure the shaft and the yoke angle. find the difference, try to get that as close 0° as possible. the current difference will tell you shim amount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back