• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm loosing my jeep umph

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
I have'nt posted in a while. Got all this stuff with parts to do on my rig and just kinda' lost the motivation to get things done. Everyday-cook,work, babies,sleep,cook,babies, work,cook, laundry, laundry,cook, cook, work, work. I swear sometimes it feels like I don't have a wife (she works full time too). Today I finally got some free time and all I want to do is veg on the TV. I told myself I was gonna' get shit done on the rig but when the time finally comes I'm like , blah! I have to get quirks fixed before next weekend too for Dumptrucks party and I'm sure I'll knock the stuff out by then but can anyone else relate? I was on such a good roll knocking shit out all the time for a while because, as we all know, our jeeps tend to be neverending projects and when I had free time it was like that feeling you use to get as a teenager, that you might see that cute chick at the bowling alley and talk to her. Now it feels like another chore.:tear:

uh yea i have that feeling quite a bit dude...it sucks. i work 70+ hours a week, plus have 12 units of school, plus tournament collegiate hockey, plus my fiance, plus my kids due in february. so yea im busy. i know the feel, i can relate.

i sleep 4 hours a night, spend 2 hours a day at the gym, 3 hours a night at school, 10-11 hours a day at work. the rest of the time is studying, practice, or what little time i get to spend with my fiance

it happens... i hardly touched a wrench for almost 2 years before i got the "Itch" to get things fired up again..

Get out there with a few other jeeps and you will bite again..

Goodluck

JOe

paulhead said:
I have'nt posted in a while. Got all this stuff with parts to do on my rig and just kinda' lost the motivation to get things done. Everyday-cook,work, babies,sleep,cook,babies, work,cook, laundry, laundry,cook, cook, work, work.

Just make sure the chaos makes you keep that comma in there.

besthaticouldo said:
uh yea i have that feeling quite a bit dude...it sucks. i work 70+ hours a week, plus have 12 units of school, plus tournament collegiate hockey, plus my fiance, plus my kids due in february. so yea im busy. i know the feel, i can relate.

i sleep 4 hours a night, spend 2 hours a day at the gym, 3 hours a night at school, 10-11 hours a day at work. the rest of the time is studying, practice, or what little time i get to spend with my fiance

You forgot to mention the countless hours you spend on naxja. ;)

Paul, I know how you feel. Just yesterday I took out the trash out of my Jeep from my last wheeling trip.. I think that was about 3 months ago. :shhh:

Take a break from it for a week or two..... Come and work on my Jeep.. :D

E

This reminds me of Kevin (xjkevin) it seemed like he was getting out of the "jeep itch" as well but once we got his jeep to our place and started working on it, i saw the flame come back in his eye...

Like Mike said, sounds like you just need a work party to get back into it. :D

Stallacrew said:
Just make sure the chaos makes you keep that comma in there.
HAHAHAHA!!!! For sure. Thanx guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've got a good size driveway and a lot of tools so a wrenching/BBQ party would be a good idea. Wife is taking a trip on the weekend of the 19th so maybe we can cook something up. I'll have my kids but I got a good sized jungle gym so more kids would keep them all busy. We'll see.

paulhead said:
HAHAHAHA!!!! For sure. Thanx guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've got a good size driveway and a lot of tools so a wrenching/BBQ party would be a good idea. Wife is taking a trip on the weekend of the 19th so maybe we can cook something up. I'll have my kids but I got a good sized jungle gym so more kids would keep them all busy. We'll see.

What would ever make you think you are the only one?
:D

I don't work but ten hours a week (if that), don't do a lot of cooking (do all of the grilling though) my son is off to college, and I STILL have times when I don't want to do ANY FARKIN' THING.

But......its amazing how much you can get done when you have no choice!
I.E.
We needed to get a porch done before the summer thunderstorms hit. Whipped it out in one trip.
I have to get the Subaru motor installed and dialed in before October. Just started the actual work a couple of weeks ago. I should make it.
Replacing (rebuilding) the heads on the Mustang. That needs to be done within the next two weeks. This project scares me....
The Jeep also needs some help and attention before the 25th Anniversary event in Utah.

Just wake up at 4am every day....

Jump This said:
Is there any other reason to wate up that friggin' early?
Well, any reason that doesn't include a fishing pole.

Yeah. To stumble from the couch back to the bedroom.

;)

cal said:
Yeah. To stumble to the batroom and back to the bedroom.

;)

Fixed :D

paulhead said:
I have'nt posted in a while. Got all this stuff with parts to do on my rig and just kinda' lost the motivation to get things done. Everyday-cook,work, babies,sleep,cook,babies, work,cook, laundry, laundry,cook, cook, work, work. I swear sometimes it feels like I don't have a wife (she works full time too). Today I finally got some free time and all I want to do is veg on the TV. I told myself I was gonna' get shit done on the rig but when the time finally comes I'm like , blah! I have to get quirks fixed before next weekend too for Dumptrucks party and I'm sure I'll knock the stuff out by then but can anyone else relate? I was on such a good roll knocking shit out all the time for a while because, as we all know, our jeeps tend to be neverending projects and when I had free time it was like that feeling you use to get as a teenager, that you might see that cute chick at the bowling alley and talk to her. Now it feels like another chore.:tear:

Yep... been there... work'n graves... taking care of the kids during the day... 12 hrs. of sleep a week... wife work'n & going to school... life SUCKED for a few years... just don't take on anymore stuff... things will thin out... just keep the XJ maintained then later when things slow up get back to it... slowly time will free up.
Hang in there...

Curt

GSequoia said:
Is the batroom in the Bat-Cave?

Of course, where else would it be?:passgas:

paulhead said:

Man I feel your pain... I have so much to do to get my jeep road worthy.... Just not as motivated as I used to be... But I'll be doing some work this weekend. Finally..

Back