• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: '01 XJ with 2.5" Lift & MTs

red-xj

NAXJA Forum User
So I really hate to even type this, but it's time for me to get rid of the XJ. I love the thing to death, and it was my first car that I bought and paid for (and still have a little left). It's a 2001, 142K miles, sport 4WD, 4 door. Like (some) 2001s, I had a head crack. It was replaced with a Alabama Cylinder Head. I use a full synthetic (I've done Royal Purple every 6K miles) and it seems to be running strong. There's a small exhaust problem (on warmer days if you start the car you can smell a little gas and the check engine light comes on. The code is emission leak large, and I'm pretty sure it's the solenoid, but I haven't had a chance to check it). The NP231 was just rebuilt (it had been pretty abused) by a professional shop with a full rebuild kit. It's sitting on 31" Dunlop Mud Rovers. There are some squeaks around town, and I'm going to tighten the shocks and see if that fixes that (I'm pretty sure that's it). Overall, it's a good car, but I need a truck. Something more economical (I'm moving away for grad school in archaeology). I'd consider a trade for a Toyota Tacoma or a nicer Ford Ranger.

Asking price is $5000.

I know that's long, but feel free to throw in anything (questions, etc).
Here's some pics.
100_2512.jpg

100_2513.jpg

100_2514.jpg

100_2515.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im gonna assume you messed up the price ?, if not, Dibs !

Edit: My bad

Last edited:
my cousin is looking for a XJ about like yours. I sent him the link and he really liked it but is concerned about exhaust leak issue. If you could figure out exactly what the problem is (you don't have to fix it) but just find out what it is then he will probably buy it if the problem isn't too expensive to fix. Also do you have any interior shots? just so we can get an idea of it's condition.

my cousin is looking for a XJ about like yours. I sent him the link and he really liked it but is concerned about exhaust leak issue. If you could figure out exactly what the problem is (you don't have to fix it) but just find out what it is then he will probably buy it if the problem isn't too expensive to fix. Also do you have any interior shots? just so we can get an idea of it's condition.

Yeah. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's the check valve/solenoid that's on the firewall...I can find interior shots. It's mostly in good condition except the headliner is sagging and it does have an overhead console...

Wait do what?

$7000 or $1300. Huge difference.

I want $7000 for the car...I'm going to edit the post...

Let me explain once and for all the $1300 number. I took out a small loan when I bought this car and THIS is how much I owe the bank to get the title. That's why I need AT LEAST this much...

The pricing was poorly worded to say the least. Bigalpha has it right. The post had the correct pricing listed now.

That's why I asked....

I know of VERY few XJs to go for 7k nowadays.

Just trying to help with the sale.

And maybe I'm still reading you wrong but you have the price at $7000 but have to get at least $1300 out of it cuz of your loan. This what youre saying?

He is saying, if you trade him a vehicle he needs at least $1300 in cash money to pay off the loan on the XJ. So the vehicle and cash together should add up to close to $7K.

I did came up with $4,115 with good options and condition listed as good. This is also private party value.

I got ~$4,015. The rear springs are OME 2.5" HD springs. I also should have mentioned the Cd player is broken. It just won't take them (I installed an FM modulator to fix this problem. I don't use CDs much anymore).

Back