• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

synthetic winch line mounting on winch?

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a synthetic winch line from Rockstomper awhile ago and installed it on my winch just like the steel line, but after a few uses, the whole line slipped and pulled out of the crimped end. Rockstomper specifies that one keep at least 8 wraps of line on the drum at all times and I don't believe I ever winched with less than this. So, what is the suggested method for mounting the line to the drum? I seem to recall that some of you on BOTWII duct taped the line to the drum horozontaly and then wrapped the line up over this first taped section. Does that work? Thanks for any input. BTW, I posted a pic of my winch and line showing the empty crimped end on the madxj yahoogroups site under files/Jeffs Jeep Mods. Jeff

http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/QMofPy...3WDZ_ss/Jeffs Jeep Mods/line end pull out.jpg

When you wrapped it, did you have a load on the line? This happened to me the first time i wrapped mine. I did it again pulling the jeep up a slight hill and it seems fine.

Back