• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2004 WJ radiator and trans/AC cooler

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, not sure what's going on here. I have a 2004 WJ with a leaky radiator (or so I assume). All the sites I check list radiator options for the 4.0 I6 as having trans cooler line fittings at the plastic end cap. My trans cooler lines go into the smaller radiator on driver's side (condensor?) that is mounted in front of the engine radiator (along with the AC lines going into it on the passenger side). I ordered one of these assuming the picture did not represent actual part, but when I received it, it does in fact have the fittings for the trans lines. I can't find one that doesn't. Did something get hacked by the previous owner to make this trans line set up?

Can someone please link me to a place that has the WJ 4.0 radiator with ONLY the upper and lower radiator hoses as the connections (i.e. no trans cooler fittings). Or am i supposed to just cap off the trans line fittings and use the existing radiator they sent??

UPDATE: just got off the phone with the supplier. I'm an idiot. Apparently the fittings don't need to be capped off or used for that matter, since they are separate from the cooling system itself. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Back