• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper Tie-in Brackets(builder parts)

bajatink

NAXJA Forum User
I had a request for a set of these brackets, so made a few sets while I was at it. These tie in the front and support the steering box bolts through the "frame". The brackets are laser cut from 1/4" steel plate. 14 Bolts are utilized instead of the 6 from the factory bumper. They could also be cut down and used to tie in other aftermarket bumpers. These are clean with no rust. I am asking $65. per set.
IMAG0212.jpg

Mounted on the Jeep:
DSC01795.jpg

This just shows how I built my bumper:
DSC01806.jpg

Will these fit a 1996 ZJ? If not, would you be willinga to make some? I would definitely buy a set of these.
I know these will not fit a ZJ without modification to the ZJ, but how much I do not know. I can try to sneak a look at one, but I think there is sheet metal in the way of using this type of bracket.
Thanks.

how far do they stick out from the front of the grill?
Measured when I got home, and they stick out 3 1/2" from the grill.

As for the big holes, chpmnsws6 is correct, I cut the big holes to save weight, and also so they looked like something. I don't like that the plates commercially available just look like a plate that has been scribed and drilled on a drill press.

Thanks

was there a certain reason you only had them stick out 3 1/2" from the grill? most that I have seen stick out a little further to accommodate and winch plate and winch.

was there a certain reason you only had them stick out 3 1/2" from the grill? most that I have seen stick out a little further to accommodate and winch plate and winch.
Well, I designed them for my bumper, which is not a winch bumper, and I wanted it high and tight. The length of these doesn't really limit the bumper to that, you just have to build from them.

Here's a pic, of course now I have a brush guard, tied into my exo.
DSC01890.jpg

Thanks for the interest in these. I have 2 sets left and would like to move them. If you are red letter, I will ship them for $5, so $70 to your door.

Back