• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.O.M. 2012

Hey Jay I got a quick question about the Barnwell fees:

Is it $110 per adult to camp for three days (I have 4 adults)?

Or do we pay one camping fee per group for three days and then each adult pays for park usage?

Out of three vehicles, only one is actually wheeling.

Yeah I'll shoot them a call when I get stable.

Just outside of Atlanta (east side) at the moment. Only made it 350 miles today.

Stopped every hundred miles to check Jeep (oil :repair:), let two dogs and three daughters go to the bathroom...:confused1

At this rate we'll be at Polk day after tomorrow. Not trying to run the Toad 650 miles tomorrow...

Just keep trucking!

Yeah I'll shoot them a call when I get stable.

Just outside of Atlanta (east side) at the moment. Only made it 350 miles today.

Stopped every hundred miles to check Jeep (oil :repair:), let two dogs and three daughters go to the bathroom...:confused1

At this rate we'll be at Polk day after tomorrow. Not trying to run the Toad 650 miles tomorrow...

So has anybody else registered? Ill be paying at the event.

So far it looks like we have the following going:
Me
Magimerlin
rms692
DeftwillP
Dozer11B
XJinTX (I think)

Possibles but dont think theyve registered:
gajeepxj
Cody90XJ

Is there anybody else?

B.O.D. members can we get some more details about the event since its less than 2 weeks away now.

Whats the meal saturday night?
Is there a raffle this year? Any goodies?
Is there a schedule?

B.O.D. members can we get some more details about the event since its less than 2 weeks away now.

Whats the meal saturday night?
Is there a raffle this year? Any goodies?
Is there a schedule?

Since you asked....lol...you seem to be the only one asking question.....which is a good thing, as to me it shows interest..so thank you

meal---is like always....Chilli..Its March and gets a little chilly out there on the little mountain... quick and easy and very few people do not like chilli. There will also be hotdogs and burgers. The chilli is not just store bought either. It is being made by RMS692's wife. So it will be good.... oops I think I just put the pressure on her....lol...no worries as she makes a great chilli.

raffle---yes there will be....as far as what is in it I can not tell you that...As I do not know yet. We haven't got our stuff yet. The guy handling that national level wide assures us we will have before the event if he can help it...Like always it will be last minute as we are so close to the start of the year. Besides I do not think I would say what the prizes are even if I knew.....That way people come for the group and not the prizes....just my opinion.

Schedule---we will have to see how many and who actually shows up. We have tried to have a set schedule in the past and it really killed the wheeling mood when not enough where there to do things or the weather sucked. So there is a loose schedule but nothing set in stone.

Rich(and family) and I will be leaving EARLY Friday morning like about 3AM or so I think was the plan....So we will get there and set stuff up...

I believe if it is a nice weekend and no one takes it before we get there we will be using the Exterra campsite. If the weekend looks like it will be iffy weather wise we will be using the TX4WD campsite. As wee have permission to use either as we have members in both.

As a side note---as you can tell the ROM threads in the event section have really been quiet as well as this thread. This is why we are not setting things in stone at the park as what we are definitely doing. We really have no idea how many are or are not coming....

So has anybody else registered? Ill be paying at the event.

So far it looks like we have the following going:
Me
Magimerlin
rms692
DeftwillP
Dozer11B
XJinTX (I think)

Possibles but dont think theyve registered:
gajeepxj
Cody90XJ

Is there anybody else?

So far I'm still planning on attending. Looking forward to it.

I guess I'm not going to be able to make it to Hidden falls. I'm sure it's a great place but, the Gilmer location just works so much better for me.

It if were still in Gilmer I would 100% be there. Hidden Falls, not so much.

So who's in now:
rms
magi
Deft
evilpopcorn
xjintx
??

It actually went great. I am uploading the pics that I have and some video. When I'm done I will start a thread for then. Evilpopcorn's dad and Deftwillp got alot of the videos. Rich and I only got a little and a few pics. But we will have alot of both when they all up load there's.

Back