• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
This years NWFest will be another great one. Great wheeling, good times, and family friendly fun. It is being held the weekend of June 27th-29th, at Naches, Washington. I will be there early Thursday, to claim camp. So, show up from Thursday on. :thumbup:

There are trails for all kinds of rigs, from stock to heavily modified. We will need a few trail leaders, that know the area, and can lead different groups. Ill dig up some maps and make copies for everyone to have.

It is open to members and non members. You have to be at least 18 years of age to attend(NAXJA insurance reasons). All attendies must sign a liability waiver, including passengers. Passengers do not have to be of 18 years old to ride along.

Your rig must abide by the NAXJA bylaw guidelines, moreso the Sponsered Events and Trips section, Article IX.

http://www.naxja.org/html/bylaws.htm

Dinner will once again be sponsored by John Mathews of Auburn Car Repair and Offroad. Im sure it will be the great chicken and his wife's awesome patato salad. Ill be bringing soda pop, chips, and plates. If you would like to help out, bring what you can, it is appreciated. We will need a headcount on this, so we will know how much food to bring.

For the raffle, it will be the same as last years. Once again, Auburn Car Repair and Offroad is going to donate some prizes for the raffle. If anyone would like to donate anything, let one of the chapter officers know, or post up.

Hope to see everyone there!

Cool, I'm in. I know the Naches area relatively well (mostly the Manastash side) but I'd be willing to lead a trail if necessary. Not sure what you guys will need food wise, throw some ideas out and I'll see if I can help as we get closer. Should still be some snow at higher elevations, that could be fun.

Looking forward to it.... :)

Awesome. I marked the calender. So where are we camping? Manastash Campground?

I also volunteer for a trail leader if needed. I know the area pretty well, Right Ryan ;)

Im thinking Long Meadow, across the bridge that goes over the river on the left headind down Little Naches Road. Or by the river right there. Just to keep the costs down of having to buy a NW forest pass or paying each day to camp.

We will know for sure shortly.

just confirmed with the boss man. i have the 26th and 27th off for vacation. i will be up there thursday. let me know if you need any help setting up etc....

Naches is by Yakima right? I have never been up there before, what is the best way to get there from Portland? I am for sure going this time!

We might have to Caravan up there on Thursday Rod.

jeepboy381 said:
Naches is by Yakima right? I have never been up there before, what is the best way to get there from Portland? I am for sure going this time!
Last time I went, which was like 2001-ish, we went out thru the Gorge, and then up 97 to Yakima, then west on 12

Bout 3 hours and 200 miles.

hards91xj said:
I know where that place is.
I`ll put it on the wall.
I might even spend the whole weekend.:gag:
I know some of the trails .....

The trails up there are hard and scare me. :D

It's too close to another event I'll be attending. Bummer. :scottm:

I'll be there... I might even camp this time.

Back