• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need ideas on how to fix

89jeepxjw

NAXJA Forum User
Ok to start off my xj has a 4 inch lift on it. After we buttoned up the frotn end the track bar would not line up with the stock hole,this being my daily driver i needed a quick fix and have read abotu guys drilling a new whole for it. I went ahead and drilled it but had terrible DW. I got out and looked while a friend turned the wheel back and fourth and the middle section on the track bar bracket between the two wholes had broken off so the track bar moves from the stock whole to the drilled on. So now im thinking i can weld a piece of steel to cover up the whole i drilled but dont really know of any other ideas. Help?

I dont have any personal experience with this type of problem, but welding in a new piece of metal seems like the best solution to me. Then I would buy an adjustable trackbar.

Back