• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal Problem

brandonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
This morning I went to turn left and realized that when I turn the signal on it lights up but doesnt blink. It doesn't blink outside either it just lights up and stays on until you cancel the signal. Also it only occurs on the left side, the right is fine. Any ideas on what this could be? Thank you for any suggestions. Brandon

check the connection on the wire that goes into the light bulb housing, it just might just have to be clamped back tight. I just had to do that last week. Once you fined the right connection the turn signal will work.

I had this problem, and I fixed it by washing my Jeep. I f'd around with changing bulbs, and the flasher, and I was about to cut off the socket, and put a new one on. I got in after using the pressure washer, and the light has worked fine ever since. Must have been a loose or dirty connection, but it was pretty damn funny. I will investigate further when the weather is better, or when I have to. No telling which will come first.

Unless you have a factory tow package, the turn signal flasher is "load sensitive." It expects to operate the number of lamps the signals are designed for (one in front, two in back, on each side). If one lamp is burned out (or disconnected), the flasher sees a lighter load and the bi-metallic switch doesn't heat up enough to flash.

Check all your bulbs.

I have a factory tow package and mine does that. Ive replaced all bulbs, and the flasher. no go. i just dont care anymore though. I dont mind manually "flashing"

havent totally fixed it yet, had to go to work and then it got to late but I think I narrowed it down to the fact that my front left bulb needs to be changed, I realized that when the flashers on the left front doesnt light up at all, so I figuring that it needs to be changed, with the "tow package" explanation it sounds like that will fix it, thanx for everyones help i will let you know what happens tomorrow.

:repair:

onetallmj said:
You forgot to fill it up with blinker fluid!! I have some for sale :laugh3:

I'll sell some for half of what he's asking! :laugh:
-----
I had this problem and it only happened when it was really cold outside. It turned out to be some bad wires. I was getting low voltage.

Usually a bad ground in the front bulb socket. Replace with a three wire ford style socket available at autozone for about $5. Happened to me a couple of times over the yrs. Greg

Back