• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric or Air

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone not like the electric lockers? Water play a factor? Is arb the best set up?

Did a search and found nothing.

There is a deal on the internet right now were you can get new gears, install kits for both axles and a e-locker for only $725.00. I think that sound like a good deal.

Please give me any info.

I haven't heard anyone dislike the electric lockers or have problems with them, but I went with ARB since I wanted OBA. I don't recommend the ARB compressor since you can get a better one for less . . .

The deal sounds very good, but I'd be skeptical. What brand of gears? What locker is it? What axles/tires are you running? Sometimes the cheapest route isn't the best . . .

DR

I have a D44 that need to be rebuilt. I too am looking for an Electric Locker. The Detroit E-locker is mt first choice followed by the ECTED from Auburn. Both are pricey; both are LSD and Electric looker. Does any one here have experiance with either of the two? What about another brand of E-locker? I dont think I would like the air lockler, and besides they do not offer the LSD option.

$725 is probably not to good to be true. Usually the E-locker runs about $575 alone.... you do the math.... 44 gears are cheap, 8.25's are not.

I am getting the e-locker for the d44 laying in the garage. I want the OPEN diff like the e-locker, the Ected is a LSD when off. Open is better on ice in Indiana IN MY OPINION. Both of course are full spool when "on".

The e-locker is what is coming in the hummers, I assume as production keeps on, this will only bring the price down.

Later,
Jason

The yota's have an e-locker. I've heard really good things about the electracs. LSD when unlocked and spool when locked. I think they're pricey though. Guy I know that runs them does alot of mud and says he hasn't had a problem with corrosion or anything.

I have the ECTED i like it but you have to know there is not true locking going on just that and electro magnet slams the clutch packs together hard enough to lock them so it may loosen up with time??? also on dry pavement if i turn in a circle with it locked i can get it to clunk/slip. i don't realy like the fact that they are advertising it as a true locker when it is not the nice thing is that you can engage it at anytime so you can hit it going thru mud at high speed without riskign anything. one nice thing is that auburn uses some program that if there products wear out they send you a complet new unit carier and everything for like $80.

Back