• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home again, home again...

bburge

Lost in Translation
We got home about 1:30pm, with the jeep shortly behind...

Long night, long day. Now the fun begins. Seems the Jeep Shop where I used to get stuff like rear main seal and other stuff I didn't feel like (or comfortable) done - has gone out of business!

Seems I'm a crummy customer! Dang, too much working on my own junk.

Now I need to find someplace I might trust to do my clutch and slave cyl or do i myself. I can rent a tranny jack/lift...

How much does an NP231 weigh? Does this task totally suck? Can I do it by myself in one weekend?

bburge

Glad you mad it home Bill. It was great wheeling with you again.

I got home about 30 min ago.

I will eb posting my pics later this evening....

Got to shower and empty the Jeep..

Good luck with the slave cylinder

we pulled in around 3. nice to meet alot of you folks even tho i had no idea who most of you were :D haha. i had a great time, my kids had a great time, and my wife doesnt like tents anymore ;) i just found out i LOVE rock crawling! lol. so whens the next trip?

thanks for a great weekend everyone! our family had a blast!

-mike

231 weighs about 75lbs.

You can do it on your back, but it isn't much fun.

If you get the tranny jack you can probably pull them together as a unit.

That job isn't really bad...a shop would bill about 5 hours labor, but doing it on your back usually makes it almost double. If you have a Saturday/Sunday open you should be able to get it done. Check with your machine shop and see what time they close on Saturday....that will be the key to getting it done in a weekend.

Good luck...glad to hear you made it home okay.

you can do it in about 8 hours with a couple strong friends and a good tranny jack. If you were closer Id give you my spare fly wheel so you could get it machined before you pull the tranny.

Back