• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

its home...

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
Its been a long 7-8 months since my jeep has been at jims. I'm glad to have it back, hes glad to see it gone.

mini_right_DSC00037.sized.jpg

I hope to have it done by middle of december. I really dont have ALL that much left to do. Jim and I are very happy with how everything turned out. He did a killer job.

Your XJ looks great. What's your setup? I see H2 8 lug rims, coilovers, possibly hydro assist lines.

Dan Turner said:
More pics?

I'll take more this weekend when i get a chance to pull it back out and can get some day light. I dont get home until it gets dark.

Big Red said:
Your XJ looks great. What's your setup? I see H2 8 lug rims, coilovers, possibly hydro assist lines.

your eyes do not lie except for the "assist" part. There is no mechanical steering left.

I'll post more info in a bit, i gotta run into a meeting.

ok... that was a quick one.

setup: 3/4 ton D44 from 78 F250, 3 link wishbone midarm, 14" coilovers, hi-steer full hydro (single ram) and the other assorted necessities alloys, ctms blah blah blah

The "frame rails" have been sleaved with steel plate and the shock hoops are tied in and everything is super stout.

it should work.

sintax said:
ok... that was a quick one.

setup: 3/4 ton D44 from 78 F250, 3 link wishbone midarm, 14" coilovers, hi-steer full hydro (single ram) and the other assorted necessities alloys, ctms blah blah blah

The "frame rails" have been sleaved with steel plate and the shock hoops are tied in and everything is super stout.

it should work.

Nice.

fdsa487 said:
Looks expensive.

yea it was, that 8 lug full floating 9" rear end cost me $2,800 alone...

fdsa487 said:
Nice...
What is santa going to bring you this year? I know your not done with that bad boy.

Spinners and some 15in subwoofers?

heh....yea. Looks like there is not really any way around that one.

David Taylor said:
So after Saterday can you see how those lower mounts at the frame might be just a little low ?

Mine are like that and I scraped the crap out of them on both Wrecking ball and Outer limits. It wasn't that bad but I am sure over time it will be a problem.

I guess I'll pipe in on this one. My first Naxja post in awhile (haven't had anything to sell) :).

The mounts are below the frame, they're shorter than the stock LCA mounts and built to slide on. They're higher than my old mounts and I slid over them just fine. I'm guessing they'll work okay.

Dont remember drop brackets eh Dave?

Back