• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Many Thanks to all

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who attended the RockinXJ Jambo / GoatFest. I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food and raffle.

Special Thanks to:
Stephan and his brother Jeff from Smokin Knights for the tasty Tri Tip

To our fearless trailleaders - Carol, Matty, Cal, Geoff, Thomas

To our sponsors and those who donated or helped with the raffle:
4WheelParts
AJ's Offroad Armor
Custom4x4 Fabrication
Utah Iron and Wood
Loose Nuts Enterprises
Team NAXJA and Masterpull
Paul Vega (paulhead)
Brendan and Aracelli King (Brendan 91XJ)
Jesse Azarva (01 XJ Cherokee)
Thomas Hayes (hollywood32)
Matty Jory (mattyj)
John Thomas (Jeeperjohn)
Terry Nations (Ten30)
Travis (Zebaru)
...apologize if I left anyone out

If anyone has any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions...please shoot me a PM

I wish I could have made it

Also many thanks go out to Carol for all the work she did roudning up Raffle Prizes. Much of what you saw being given away was thanks to her persistence in talking to vendors. Thanks Carol! :clap:

Most of all I'd like to thank JOSH for pulling this off. He made sure it ran smooth and everybody was happy, that ain't easy.

Second I'd like to thank Rick for not showing up. :gag:

Great raffle! My buddy even got what he'll need most for his Tacoma...a rear recovery point! :scottm:

Josh - thanks for being so helpful and open to all my n00b questions! We learned a lot this weekend from hiking the trails. 495 pics were taken of pure awesome, carnage, 'inappropriate city behavior' and quality good times.

Daniel - thanks for coming with us and helping us with the tequila. You and your girl were a great addition to our corner of the circle! Sorry again about the 'roll back situation'....it's hard to drive anywhere in a manual when the transfer case in is Neutral!! :wierd:

Stephan - awesome to wheel with you in Cal's Jeep...Lower Big Johnson? pshhhh you were like: :conceited.

Julio: Bummer about your shaft, but you DROVE HOME which is what counts the most, right? It was great hanging out with you!

Cal
- can't thank you enough for letting us ride Lower Big Johnson in your rig! :firedevil... and giving us a ride to our Jeep at the bottom of Claw. You're awesome and I hope the bolts got fixed on your caliper!

Ken - Sleigh II is by far the coolest 'contraption' I've had the pleasure of going vertical in! My head is still :eeks1: :roll:. Thanks for letting us ride in it and giving us the novelty photos! ps: you should send me your addy and I can send some full size photos...they're totally awesome!

Parker & Jeanine (sp?) - you guys were great to watch! Having a manual tranny and you just WALKED up waterfalls and 80foot rocks...maybe not 80, but you get it. Watching you drive (and everyone else) made me much more comfortable to get down n' dirty as long as I'm well prepared. :laugh3:

01XJCherokee - dang, I wanna say Geoff, but I forget...and the pooch Louis? You guys were a great fun addition! Sorry you broke early :smsoap: but next time you're leadin'!

Quentin and the guys - You guys were so much fun! :D Nex time we gotta get the sammy out, and we'll see what it can do since I heard the other sammi's backed out of a trail ;). It was awesome to hang and get to know you guys!

Sequoia - many thanks for the cb help and general XJ questions answered. :lecture:

Camp Chefs: :chef: you guys made the tastiest food I could have asked for in the middle of the desert. We forgot our sandwich bread and had PB&J for a trail lunch...with spoons, so you can imagine how good it was to get some tri-tip!

Carol: I don't think anybody can thank you enough for taking us on the scenic loop. It was the best orientation of Johnson Valley that I could have asked for. You're a great group leader and definitely looked out for everyone in our group :heart:

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone!!

Last but not least: THE GRAPE and the crew (Sam, Eric and Charlie dog): (that's my Jeep) Once I figured out that whoops are much smoother when you're going 40mph over them instead of 15 driving was much more fun and THANK GOODNESS for tie downs! :gee: We found out just how much you can drag a rear differential and keep going...my lockers are gonna get me in trouble. All of us enjoyed hiking the trails and riding them too! We learned how to pick lines, go balls out and also when to say denied. We'll definitely try to see you all next time!

- The Adventure Brigade crew (and Eric)

Also many thanks go out to Carol for all the work she did roudning up Raffle Prizes. Much of what you saw being given away was thanks to her persistence in talking to vendors. Thanks Carol!

Indeed! I announced and thanked Carol at the Raffle. Thx again Carol

Most of all I'd like to thank JOSH for pulling this off. He made sure it ran smooth and everybody was happy, that ain't easy.

Thanks. What REALLY helped was that various members offered to help and thats what makes the Chapter and its events more successful. There is no I in TEAM :D

Great raffle! My buddy even got what he'll need most for his Tacoma...a rear recovery point! :scottm:

Josh - thanks for being so helpful and open to all my n00b questions! We learned a lot this weekend from hiking the trails.

Glad to be of help! Hooray for winning raffle tickets! :D

Garrett- NO worries man, wish i wasnt very tired and i wish i would have stayed up longer to drink with you guys. I get tired easy and need my beauty sleep :p

Jeff- Thanks again for leading clawhammer. even though i didnt get far, it was still a good time. Next time ill make sur to pick better lines and bring the right spare on the trail :p

Josh- thanks for trading beer for soda :p

Cal- Sorry i didnt get you your coffee but trust me, i wanted to.

Socall Bill- thanks for helping me air up so that i could make it home. Lets do truck haven soon.

Matty- im seriously gonna look for someone to recreate your buggy as a scale R/C buggy.

Anthony- thanks for the 909 hospitality in your trailer.

Richard- Your jeep is awesome! thanks for letting me drive it back to the main road so that i could meet up with the rest of the guys who didnt know how to find us. Your jeep rides a bit stiff for my taste but it still is a bad ass mofo.

Thomas- thanks for the power sterring fluid

Mike- good seeing you out there.

Ben (Dumptruck)- it took 3 of us to put you back in your caddy when you passed out near the camp fire. You are a heavy mothereffer.

I think the whole event went amazingly well, and I hardly did anything unusual. I'm a mom, so calling and pestering someone til I get what I want is par for the course! I hope the gift certificates do some folks some good.

Josh, you rock!! I'm glad it wasn't quite such a StressFest for you as SoCalFest was. I definitely think it was a lot of folks pitching in that made it all come together. Hopefully that made it somewhat easier for you--it's hard when the other powers can't make it!

And Remi, you were behind the scenes, pulling strings somewhere... just admit it...you conned me into helping!

I'm glad that the scenic run seems to have been fun & amusing; it's an interesting thing to attempt, since so much of JV seems to be flat sand (with a few craters) or big rocks!! I think we found a few fun spots without pushing our limits to the point of breakage (well, other than your taillight, Garrett, and my self-spotting my fender into a rock!).

And Stephan, we really appreciated your willingness to be the mid-trail amusement, and I'm very glad you had an exo & landed just as you did... has Sonia noticed yet?

Well, here's to the next event... I'll still be wheeling in the meantime!! Next event for me? Baja 1000! Whoohoo!

I think we found a few fun spots without pushing our limits to the point of breakage (well, other than your taillight, Garrett, and my self-spotting my fender into a rock!).

haha - my own fault though.

And Stephan, we really appreciated your willingness to be the mid-trail amusement, and I'm very glad you had an exo & landed just as you did... has Sonia noticed yet?
Stephan - you convinced the gf that we need a roll cage...thanks. (I wanted one anyways!)

Back