• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home sweet Home, Hopefully

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
I get to go pick up my XJ here in about 24hrs...I couldn't find an old thread that I started so I'll give the breakdown of the situation.

I bought Chewy's old XJ since he got out of the game, drove it from Chicago to Eielson AFB, AK without one problem. Wheeled it for about 6 months then got orders to move to Minot ND. While enroute driving through Canadia the Jeep broke, electrical gremlin somewhere in the ECU2 circuit. So I tried fixing it for a couple days and couldn't get it to run for more that 2min or get the RPM's above 2grand. I was forced to leave it in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canadia in a storage lot. Which is roughly 1900 miles away and over a couple mountain ranges. I had planned on going back up to pick it up in September since it was already August and the winter comes quick that far north. But a new co-worker of mine broke down in Missouri(sorry for spelling it wrong) roughly 1200 miles in the opposite direction. Me being the nice guy I am I spent my gas money to go get my Jeep to go get him stranded down south. So I went and picked him up and he swore he would pay me the gas money and so on with a little extra...didn't happen, recieved payment last month finaly. I then set-up a trucking company to haul my Jeep to Edmonton which is only about 750miles away. It is suppose to get to Edmonton tomorrow night and I can't wait to see her again. I get to do a bunch of wrenching before I can even drive it on the street again but it will be well worth it.

If you followed the twisted ramble of a story congrats, I'm just happy to be close to back in the XJ game again.

Tyler:wave:

I got it and it is home safe, still doesn't run. I had hoped it loved me as much as I love it and it fixed itself but that didn't happen. The midwest cancer nearly tripled with it sitting up there in the snow without anybody keeping an eye on it.

still have a snorkel on it?

mac 'helped put that on in the dead of winter in chitown years ago' gyvr

Back