• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

get off your a$$ and VOTE!!!

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
today

go

now

bgcntry72 said:
Still torn between the Giant Douche and the Turd Sandwich.
:gag:

:laugh2:

you commy

I missed voting this year. I couldn't get my absentee ballot off in time.

BlackSport96 said:
I missed voting this year. I couldn't get my absentee ballot off in time.
I couldn't get mine off in time either. I just went down to my polling location and voted personally. You can still vote if you get down there in time. That's if you're really serious about what you said.

WOW, I just spent the better part of 2 hours standing in line. In 21+ years of living here I have NEVER seen such a turnout, ever, not even close and I got there AFTER the morning rush hour. When I made the turn onto the main road and saw the line close to a 1/4 mile long in front of the firehouse at 9am I stopped for hour breakfast across the street at which point the line was only a 1/8 mile long. Then at 1130 the luinch time crowd started arriving. It was back up to 1/4mi when I got back out of the building from voting... :wow:

This election will have to have set all kinds of records...

TRNDRVR said:
I guess if I was voting for the first time I would be enthusiastic too. :lecture:
It will be my first time to vote, but i am not excited about it, just throwing it out there. unless your a kerry fan :)

Just got back from voting. No lines or waiting, gotta love that.
Glenn

Glenn said:
Just got back from voting. No lines or waiting, gotta love that.
Glenn

Lets face it, an island can only hold so many people....

RichP said:
Lets face it, an island can only hold so many people....
Only eight!!!
Glenn, Gilligan, The Skipper, The Millionaire and his Wife, The Movie Star, Professor and Maryann. :laugh3:

TRNDRVR said:
Only eight!!!
Glenn, Gilligan, The Skipper, The Millionaire and his Wife, The Movie Star, Professor and Maryann. :laugh3:
I call first dibs on MaryAnn. :D

Hmm..that brings the question...which one is Glenn...his name does start with a G after all...

Was extra crowded at my polling place, waited 'til about 10a before hading down there to beat the rush, so just waited behind the oldsters, felt like I was in Florida!

voted.jpg

TRNDRVR said:
I couldn't get mine off in time either. I just went down to my polling location and voted personally. You can still vote if you get down there in time. That's if you're really serious about what you said.
I suppose maybe I could've had I gotten on the road first thing this morning seeing as to how my polling place is almost 8 hrs away...I'm in CA, I'm a registered voter and resident of AZ. Wouldn't work out too great for me drive 400 miles and spend $150 in gas to vote and then come right back out here since by then I'd be UA from work.

TRNDRVR said:
Only eight!!!

actually Shaw Island is home to a group of Fransiscan Nuns I'm sure Glenn would LOVE to get a hold of...

Or do you share your island with the Professor?? I hear he lives on Bainbridge...

red91inWA said:
actually Shaw Island is home to a group of Fransiscan Nuns I'm sure Glenn would LOVE to get a hold of...

Or do you share your island with the Professor?? I hear he lives on Bainbridge...
Huh? The nuns are not doing much there anymore these days. Shaw is the next Island over. They even gave up control of the Ferry Terminal and the Lil Store. Besides, they are more Eagles age. :D

I am nowhere near Bainbridge (those folks are spoiled... out door heaters, and wireless internet.... yet they have one of the shortest boat rides in the whole system Fugger **** me off). Closer to Canada infact. But close to Whidbey Island.

Glenn said:
Huh? The nuns are not doing much there anymore these days. Shaw is the next Island over. They even gave up control of the Ferry Terminal and the Lil Store. Besides, they are more Eagles age. :D

I am nowhere near Bainbridge (those folks are spoiled... out door heaters, and wireless internet.... yet they have one of the shortest boat rides in the whole system Fugger **** me off). Closer to Canada infact. But close to Whidbey Island.

I'm shooting in the dark from here. I haven't been that way in about 8 yrs.
So now I'm left with Orcas, or Lopez?? I cant see you on Lopez So I guess Orcas.

I cant believe the nuns gave up the terminal, if you can call it that, or the store. Bummer. That was pretty cool having a nun work the lift in the rain...:)

Back