• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest****GENERAL INFORMATION**** April 27 - 29, 2018, Calico,

Re: SoCal Fest April 27 - 29, 2018, Calico, CA

Try the "registration" link again and double check the date field. I just tried it and got a message the dates must be "at least" five days out. Then I noticed that the date I'd put in had been changed. So I changed it back and had no issue.

We already reserved a spot in Section A... so we'll just keep an eye out for when groups are leaving for trail runs.

Is there an itinerary created yet?

I hate to burst your bubble....but I've been to that glory hole several times...even with a couple different girlfriends. It's definitely worth a visit still. :D

Yahoo! See you guys there!

Show up and wheel. Also, consider joining the club going red before the end of March. You may win a prize! And even if you don't win a prize, membership fees pay the operating costs for this forum, and support land use organizations that help keep public land accessible for wheeling, and help fund our adopt-a-trail activities. But come to Calico regardless.

Dinner tickets, raffle tickets, and t-shirts are on sale for pre-ordering in the Chapter Store.

LAST DATE to order SHIRTS Deadline extended to 04/22; 11:59 pm PDT

Last edited:
I hope is not too late to join, just booked my spot. I may be able to take Fri off and drive there from SD around noon, what is the plan for Fri?

:party:

Is there any information on the dinner that is being made available? I see tickets are available for purchase, but there doesn't seem to be any information on what is being served, when it is and where it's located so I know what I am purchasing.

Also, is there any info on the runs and the meeting times/locations for each?

Thanks guys

As far as dinner goes the plan is for burgers and brats.

As for runs there will be Odessa, and Doran canyons as well as one or two easy to moderate exploitation type runs. As always it is somewhat contingent upon those volunteering to lead runs.

Run start times will be determined by each individual leader. Probably around 8am if previous events are any guide. Usually runs line up along the roadside in the vicinity of the bunkhouse.

Last edited:
As far as dinner goes the plan is for burgers and brats.

As for runs there will be Odessa, and Doran canyons as well as one or two easy to moderate exploitation type runs. As always it is somewhat contingent upon those volunteering to lead runs.

Run start times will be determined by each individual leader. Probably around 8am if previous events are any guide. Usually runs line up along the roadside in the vicinity of the bunkhouse.

I've got a 2 basket propane fired deep fryer I could bring. Fries to go with burgers and chicken nuggets for the kids.:chef:

Oh my!! Would you be willing to run it, and chase the kids away from the hot oil? Cuz that could work...

Sure, If any kids survive the trail runs I can set up a wire dog kennel around the fryer to keep them from getting crispy.

So burgers, brats, french fries (Thanks Charles!), and possibly chicken nuggets... sides usually are salad & potato salad.

Is there any kind of schedule planned? I've seen runs at 8 am and dinner at 6 pm but that's it. I assume those are both Saturday?

Since Calico is need to me are trail runs all day kind of events or will it be a couple sessions?
Lunch on the trail Saturday? Assuming DIY but will we be near camp or no?
Any times better or worse to check out Calico itself?
Any evening wheeling Friday or Saturday?
Anything going on Sunday am?

Doesn't need to be elaborate but some basic targets of what and where to meet will help me plan.

I might be enticed into a friday evening run.

Generally the saturday runs are all day, bring lunch and lots of water.

Back