• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free Beer this weekend-San Diego (Wrenching)

ocean_jet

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, well, not exactly free beer...

I am planning on starting my axle swaps this weekend. If anyone is interested in coming by and lending a hand, I will provide beer and lunch. I'm in Racnho Bernardo. If you're interested, PM me and let me know what you drink.

Thanks,
Mike

ocean_jet said:
Ok, well, not exactly free beer...

I am planning on starting my axle swaps this weekend. If anyone is interested in coming by and lending a hand, I will provide beer and lunch. I'm in Racnho Bernardo. If you're interested, PM me and let me know what you drink.

Thanks,
Mike

Post up your address here, that way I can stop bye and at least laugh at you!
:D
I'll be in SD all day tomorrow. Spending the day doing pick ups and the like.
Rick

Hey OJ (heh)

I live in RB. Dunno how much real help I'll be, or what I got planned tomorrow (I think I may be heading down south), but PM or post me your address. I'm not too far from Pomerado/RB Rd intersect. I can at least stop by and laugh, I'm with Rick. :D

Definately stop by for a laugh if you're in the area... don't really know what I am doing so it could be funny. I figure it can't be too hard though.

11244 Willowwood Dr.

ocean_jet said:
Definately stop by for a laugh if you're in the area... don't really know what I am doing so it could be funny. I figure it can't be too hard though.

11244 Willowwood Dr.

Dang, didn't know you were so close.
3.5 mi / about 9 mins

When do you think you'll be wrenching from when - when ?

You're extremely close to me. I'm across the street in The Falls. I'll see what I got going on later today and hopefully make it over there to lend a hand.

:repair:

Rear axle is out. Taking abreak and then I will start putting the new one in.

I think I need to go to the store becuase the shock mounts are different. The old axle has a pin attached to the shock mount. The new one has no pin, just two holes where it looks like you would just slide a bolt through?

But, the bolt holes on the new axle are smaller than the pin on the old axle, so I think I might need new bushings for the shocks... and two bolts?

Do I just get regulat bolts at Home Depot, or are there special shock mount bolts I should use?

thanks
Mike

ocean_jet said:
Rear axle is out. Taking abreak and then I will start putting the new one in.

I think I need to go to the store becuase the shock mounts are different. The old axle has a pin attached to the shock mount. The new one has no pin, just two holes where it looks like you would just slide a bolt through?

But, the bolt holes on the new axle are smaller than the pin on the old axle, so I think I might need new bushings for the shocks... and two bolts?

Do I just get regulat bolts at Home Depot, or are there special shock mount bolts I should use?

thanks
Mike
Grade 5 should be adequate if they are to be mounted in double shear. Wish I could help out but I'm working today.

Back