• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convoy from Chicago area

philagony94xj

NAXJA Forum User
A few of us guys from NW Indiana will be heading out Early Sat. morning to leave for the WF. We will be meeting up @ the Intersection of US 30 and RT 41 in the town of Schererville. There are a few nice large parking lots to drive into so those with trailers can easily get in/out.

We would be meeting up at about 6am. Would be arriving at Badlands about 9 or 9:30 Attica time. Plenty of time to get settled and ready.

Just throwing this out there for any others who might be passing through/choosing Rt 41 as their route from any other state or city to head straight South to Attica.

It would be cool to have a large crowd together to make the trip. That way in case anything were to happen to anyone, there are many there to help get back on the road(speaking from experience here).

If anyone plans to make the trek and would like to join please post up so we can all get on the same page. And please give us something to identify your vehicle by so we know who you are(besides it being a cherokee of course:roll:).

Phil

Last edited:
I will be going on rt41 all of the way to attica

I hopefully will be there around 8:30am or so and check in the camping ground bullshit and get the jeep off the trailer then hit the trails!

I will be on site #8 on the campground btw

Wife and I will be going through there on Saturday. Will plan to be there at 6:00. Hope to see you guys.

you guys need to keep in mind that The Badlands is on Eastern time. An hour ahead of Chicago time.

btw, I am driving through mid-day Thursday.

BOB

Yeah I know its an hour ahead, I should've stated that in the original post for those who didnt know. :twak: Good thing BOB is here to keep everything in good working order.

EDIT: We might want to leave a half hour earlier just in case anything was to happen on the way down. So lets make the meet-up @5:30am. Arrive at Badlands at 8:30/9am. I didn't realize until I just looked at the start time for Registration was at 9am. That will get us plenty of time to settle in before starting on the trail.

There is a Hooters Restaurant in the NorthWest corner of the intersection. There is a large parking lot with the Hooters all the way in the corner. Thats where we'll be.

Hope to see some of you there!

Last edited:
5:30!!!!!!

You know what time im gonna have to go to sleep that Friday

:bawl:

ok will do :cheers:

Just to make sure we are all on the same page. 5:30 EST at Hooters. is the time you guys plan to meet? Dang that's 4:30 for us chicago guys. I will try to be there.

you guys may want to think about getting there fairly early.
At last count we had over 60 Cherokees registered.
On a normal Saturday, the front gate at the Badlands is crowded.
60+ Cherokees will make that line even longer.

BOB

Just to make sure we are all on the same page. 5:30 EST at Hooters. is the time you guys plan to meet? Dang that's 4:30 for us chicago guys. I will try to be there.

Well this whole time zone crossover thing is really getting things really confusing. Ok here we go I'll try to clarify things a little more.

Meeting up at Hooters lot at 5:30am CST. Then leaving within 15 min. of everyone arriving. Depart Hooters at about 5:45- 5:50am CST. Drive straight to Attica with "hopefully no hangups" "knock on wood". Arrive at Attica/Badlands at 8:30-8:45am EST. We move forward an hour in the drive down there.

Does that make everything more clear? I hope so, cause I dont know how much easier I can explain it :dunno:

Hey BOB, the registration for the event "starts" at 9am right? Thats not what time everyone "has" to be registered by, correct? If thats the case, how long after the registration process starts do the groups split to hit the trails?

Phil

5:30!!!!!!

You know what time im gonna have to go to sleep that Friday

:bawl:

ok will do :cheers:

Sleep.............where we're going we dont need sleep! party1:

I probably wont be getting much the night before, I've always got something I forgot to do days before, and just remember that night as I'm packing things up. Let me know when you wanna trim those fenders.

Phil

maybe next weekend or sometime during the week, i plan on doing some drinking this weekend

They'll open the gates to the Badlands at 9. You will have to pay to get into the Badlands with the other 60+ rigs that will be there.
(ie: you'll be waiting for a while) Then, you'll have to hit the WF registration table, unload your rig if you trailer, get everything strapped down in the jeep, get your rig parked with your group, listen to the pep-talk and then......you're group will leave to wheel. All of this BEFORE 10am.

Good luck. :wave:

Just FYI.....watch your speed if you come down 41....I have noticed a lot of activity there recently.

Rev

I know once the RT41 get out of the urbans into rural. I hate that part where there's bunch of speed limit changes from 60 to 55 to 45 to 55 to 60 at every major intersects. I'd prefer to set teh CC at 60 and just go for a ride. however will they get in our ass for doing 60 in 45 zone?

I know once the RT41 get out of the urbans into rural. I hate that part where there's bunch of speed limit changes from 60 to 55 to 45 to 55 to 60 at every major intersects. I'd prefer to set teh CC at 60 and just go for a ride. however will they get in our ass for doing 60 in 45 zone?

i HATE the northern part of 41 haha, especially with a trailer. i usually do the same thing too with setting the cruise at 60. i usually slow by the intersections with the yellow lights flashing.

Yeah, i dont like going over 60 either on the way down to Attica or on the way back, especially with a loaded truck and pretty much ZERO aerodynamics! 60 seems to be a good cruising speed.

Hopefully you all will catch all the flack on the way down the few days ahead of when we leave! So the fuzz will have met their quota for the month and the rest of us dont have to worry about them when we come through. :roflmao::cheers:

Back