• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you run 265/75/16s without trimming?

condoor

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running 245/75/16s and trimmed the rear a bit and adjusted my bumpstops accordingly. I'm torn between going to a 31x10.50x15 - or moving to a 265/75/16 - which is essentially a 32x10.50.

Thoughts?

(FYI - I'm leaning on the Maxxis Bighorn)

Hells%20Revenge.jpg

Definately trimming.

By the sound of your post it seems like you don't want to trim. If you really like your stock flares you can relocate them higher. TNT and 53guy both have great write ups. You may want to look into some deeper gears as well.

What lift do you have?

I'm running a 3" Rusty's lift and 265/75/16's. I just trimmed all 4 corners recently, but ran with full fenders for the last 6 months. The rear edge of the front bumper was cut just slightly to clear the tire and it worked fine on road. Before I went on my first wheeling trip, I trimmed the rear fenders and pulled the flares because thats what was rubbing the most. Without disco's up front, I was doing just fine with just slight rubbing on the flares.

I'd say trim and relocate the flares higher. Now that I'm trimmed, I have tons of room and don't need to move down to 31's like I was thinking about before.

Have you considered a 265-70-16?

That would be the same height as you are running now but would be wider. About the same as a 31-1050-15.

Just a thought as it might work better with your 3" lift.

My 2 cents.

Just for reference, here are my 32x10.5" with a 3" lift before and after trimming. The first one has a red circle where the front bumper was cut so the tire didn't hit it just sitting there.

Before:
trimspot.jpg

Halfway there:
100_0828.jpg

Complete (bent the front pinch weld just in case):
100_0830.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

100_0831.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0832.jpg

Back