NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > Land Use / Off Topic and other Forums > Non-Tech / Off Topic
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Non-Tech / Off Topic The popular Non-Tech Forum. NO SPAM at all. Period.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 18th, 2004, 02:31
red91's Avatar
red91 red91 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: exact location unknown
Posts: 6,789
Re: B NNT PPT FSMsCN THISDORTM

[QUPE=TRNDPR]
MaIae we should start selling tin foils hats with embroidered on the
( [/QUO@]

I` gnnnabet a Ydik` wi` N@XJAdmbroidted on it....anyone else want one?
  #2  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 23:12
OT's Avatar
OT OT is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jensen, UT
Posts: 9,558
DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Due to Copyright infringement, cannot allow posting of ANY FSM or links to such sites.
DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM!
PERIOD!

Strike one: Violators will be warned once and their post will be edited/deleted.
Strike two: Further action will be taken.
  #3  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 23:18
ECKSJAY's Avatar
ECKSJAY ECKSJAY is offline
Water is dirty
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Covington, WA
Posts: 13,008
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Terry
Strike two: Further action will be taken.
PLEASE let it be bondage...PLEASE PLEASE let it be bondage...
  #4  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 23:21
OT's Avatar
OT OT is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jensen, UT
Posts: 9,558
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Tip of the iceburg.
  #5  
Old June 22nd, 2005, 23:50
d10shun's Avatar
d10shun d10shun is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Az
Posts: 527
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Damn, the man gave me the smack down. One little link and BAM the government takes my house, credit, and my wife's eggs.

OT - I think a PM would have worked. I would have listened.
  #6  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:09
Bent's Avatar
Bent Bent is offline
Only Slightly Psychotic
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: REDLANDS, CA. (SoCal)
Posts: 7,611
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

I thought that the den was the only place we could use Fuzzy Sex Mittens? But what ever, it's cool with me.


Too hard to type with them on any way.



TIM
__________________
Gravity is a fickle mistress.
Ethan: "What did you think would happen?"
'01 XJ 4.0 AW4 231 Modified
'87 MJ 4.0 AW4 231 Stock-ish
SoCal Chapter VP
  #7  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:05
TRNDRVR TRNDRVR is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 3,774
Question Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Terry
Due to Copyright infringement, cannot allow posting of ANY FSM or links to such sites.
DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM!
PERIOD!

Strike one: Violators will be warned once and their post will be edited/deleted.
Strike two: Further action will be taken.
Why not a valid link?
Posting a copyrighted pic or otherwise on the boards, I can see what you're saying, but if it's a valid link to a site open to the public, I don't see the problem. I just hate seeing heavy handed goderation of something that's not necessary because someone over reacted.

Please don't fall into the trap!
  #8  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:32
8Mud's Avatar
8Mud 8Mud is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Germany
Posts: 8,419
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNDRVR
Why not a valid link?
Posting a copyrighted pic or otherwise on the boards, I can see what you're saying, but if it's a valid link to a site open to the public, I don't see the problem. I just hate seeing heavy handed goderation of something that's not necessary because someone over reacted.

Please don't fall into the trap!
The people with the Jeep publication contract, cruise the net and create problems. Why make it easy for them.
  #9  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:38
TRNDRVR TRNDRVR is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 3,774
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mud
Why make it easy for them.
A valid link open to the PUBLIC? I would call that free advertisement everytime we 'clicked' on it! I would say that if THEY didn't want US to look at it, why would they have it there to look at in the first place? If this is the case, then ALL links posted on are NOW not allowed and evey one of them needs to be deleted.
  #10  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:07
red91's Avatar
red91 red91 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: exact location unknown
Posts: 6,789
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKSJAY
PLEASE let it be bondage...PLEASE PLEASE let it be bondage...

you dont want to see Okie Terry in a leather boost-e-ay (yeah I cant spell that word), and high heels.


  #11  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:16
casm's Avatar
casm casm is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,115
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNDRVR
Posting a copyrighted pic or otherwise on the boards, I can see what you're saying, but if it's a valid link to a site open to the public, I don't see the problem.
I have to say... Trndrvr has got a point here.

doesn't control the content of external links, so if someone else wants to risk hosting an FSM on their personal (read: non- / sb-host) webspace it's their business whether or not they want to potentially face prosecution for violating copyright laws. It's the difference between "you can buy bootleg DVDs in downtown L.A." and "I'm selling bootleg DVDs".

Quote:
I just hate seeing heavy handed goderation of something that's not necessary because someone over reacted.
Here's the difference, though: I don't see what Terry did as being heavy-handed - he's just trying to protect the group from possible (IMHO misguided) litigation. However, my gut feeling is that there's a way for both sides of the coin to exist peacefully - after all, we can't enforce what non- websites do, but as we have no control over the content of external sites it may be worth adding a note to the disclaimer to that effect. This should permit those who want publicly accept the risk of violating copyright to do so, while not violating our fundamental freedom to publicly note where they may be doing it.
  #12  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:20
dmillion dmillion is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 605
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNDRVR
Why not a valid link?
Probably because there is no such thing. All of the links out there are ALSO violations of copyright law. The publisher who holds the copyrights does not have a copy legally posted on the web.
  #13  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:43
OT's Avatar
OT OT is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jensen, UT
Posts: 9,558
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d10shun
Damn, the man gave me the smack down. One little link and BAM the government takes my house, credit, and my wife's eggs.

OT - I think a PM would have worked. I would have listened.
You think you're the reason for all this?
Every other day, I'm deleting links the sites with the FSMs on them.
Nope, sorry, it's not you. You're not that important.

Everyone else,
This is not my stance on the issue.
has a problem with being associated with pirated materials, be it FSMs or otherwise.

If one has an issue that calls for the help of an FSM that they don't have and you want to help, take it back channel (via e-mail) and keep out of the mix.

Personally, I don't care what the whiner's stance is on the issue, as I'm looking out for the whole of the club and helping to protect it's intrests.
Call it stupid or unfair or whatever, but this is the way it has come to pass and is the way it will be until it's changed.
DCM has many more lawyers than does and, frankly, we don't need the hassle.

If you have a problem with the way things run....................you know the rest.
  #14  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:55
TRNDRVR TRNDRVR is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 3,774
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Terry
You think you're the reason for all this?
Every other day, I'm deleting links the sites with the FSMs on them.
Nope, sorry, it's not you. You're not that important.

Everyone else,
This is not my stance on the issue.
has a problem with being associated with pirated materials, be it FSMs or otherwise.

If one has an issue that calls for the help of an FSM that they don't have and you want to help, take it back channel (via e-mail) and keep out of the mix.

Personally, I don't care what the whiner's stance is on the issue, as I'm looking out for the whole of the club and helping to protect it's intrests.
Call it stupid or unfair or whatever, but this is the way it has come to pass and is the way it will be until it's changed.
DCM has many more lawyers than does and, frankly, we don't need the hassle.

If you have a problem with the way things run....................you know the rest.
Forgive me but, does the word paranoid come to mind?
  #15  
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:05
dmillion dmillion is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 605
Re: DO NOT POST FSMs ON THIS FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNDRVR
Forgive me but, does the word paranoid come to mind?
Considering that the punishment for willful copyright violation is up to $150,000 per incident plus all court costs and legal fees, no, the word paranoid doesn't come to mind at all. The word prudent, however, does.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
this is only forum i can post Harvester User Support, Questions and Suggestions 3 January 24th, 2005 20:24
vB 3 Bugs? Post em here. Glenn B User Support, Questions and Suggestions 20 August 21st, 2004 14:12
Fsm's in ebay store Poison NAXJA Vendors Info and Feedback Forum 0 January 8th, 2004 10:34
Forum Upgrade: Added new Theme Glenn B Non-Tech / Off Topic 15 December 7th, 2003 21:25


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014