• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails...

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Harlan is a new place for me. So I asked Bigwoody what he recomended. Anyone have any comments on these:

"got to go see Lions den and Mason Jar good fun trail rides. Lower damnation is fun but have a winch and be ready for some body damage. Any of the rock gardens (upper, middle and lower) all fun. The stuff you should avoid is going to be obvious. Have fun, We'll be in WV at the childrens charity ride , we go every year. Going up a couple of days early to do some rafting and then its trail riding for the weekend."

don't forget can opener..... Most of the trails listed above require a minimum of 33s and locked on both ends.

BRIANHO13 said:
don't forget can opener..... Most of the trails listed above require a minimum of 33s and locked on both ends.
Yea I asked greag what was a must see and what was an avoid with 36 Iroc's and those are what he recomended.

I was told to avoid Lower Damnation. Sean said his last trip there all winched. Even the monsters on 42's and such. He said it had gotten really bad, or good depending on how you look at it.

Ghost said:
I was told to avoid Lower Damnation. Sean said his last trip there all winched. Even the monsters on 42's and such. He said it had gotten really bad, or good depending on how you look at it.

I think I avoided lower damnation as well last time, we will have to take a look when we get there.

Will be at the campground at noon on Thursday.

We didn't hit Lion's Den last time so that would be cool. Mason Jar is a fun trail. Can Opener will fawk up a full-bodied rig...the odds are good. The rock gardens were all good...of course with some lines and sections more difficult than others. The obvious areas he is talking about are probably the full-throttle, high-horsepower, steep, solid-rock with small ledges and bumps all the way up, hill climbs.

Brian, we did run Lower Damnation...but it does look like it has gotten worse. this was September 07:
DSCN0961.jpg

Back