• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Freak of Nature

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well with as much as we have done to our Jeep I figured it was time to make a build thread. Also it will help keep track of everything we have done to it.

We started out with a 2000 XJ limited that had been wrecked twice in the front, once in driver rear quarter, and had some engine running problems. Got all that fixed then I couldn't resist so we started building it up for Trixie to drive as a dd.

Here it is when it was stock.
a4esahu5.jpg

vubetuby.jpg

Then we decided to throw a 3"rough country lift, cut fenders, and some used 31" BFG all retains on some 15x8 aluminum rims
a2u9uzu4.jpg

u7unetez.jpg

Then of course it needed a winch bumper and a winch on it but we also had to fix the front passenger frame at the same time
e7aruva3.jpg

Jeep22_zpsdd9f8f7e.jpg

Back in May we went up to the Jeep blessing up in Messick, MI with a couple other MWC members and had a great time and ended up getting a great deal on a 4.5"rough country lift so we bought it. Course Trixie wanted some color on her Jeep so we painted the suspension parts. We also added a roof rack at this time as well as some 33" BFG mud terrains that we got from Samset.
ja8etu7y.jpg

e8ydyse7.jpg

e9u6yga4.jpg

We have taken it out wheeling a couple times and so far it has done great.
he9a7u3u.jpg

dezanedy.jpg

I also patched the driver floor pan up a bit and put some LED rock lights under it.
zehepezy.jpg

ubamezu8.jpg

Now we are getting some parts rounded up so we can get it ready for WF and for Harlan in July. So far we got an 8.25 rear axle with L/S, skid plates, rocker replacement, and a whole list of other stuff we want done.

Nice pictorial, Ben. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. Within the next couple weeks the rockers will be getting replaced. Steel is getting dropped off this week.

Well with the car breaking down on us haven't really had a lot of time to work on Jeep. Finally got the rear 8.25 axle put in the shed so I can start getting it ready to swap in before WF. Still trying to decide if I want to do the disk brake swap before or after WF.
u5aruryg.jpg

Yea I don't have them yet. Was gonna go to junk yard this weekend for some of them. All I mainly need is the backing plates and caliper mounts. Rest are all gonna be new parts.

I recently started mine. got a few cuts in when the blade screwed up, so i stopped and did a few other things instead.

It was actually a lot easier than I had thought it out to be. This weekend we are doing the rockers hopefully.

looks good. are you slapping a wrap around bumper on the back?

my schedule is so screwed up right now that pretty much anything turns into a more than one day project.

Yea that is the plan to have rear bumper wrap around the sides. Just need to pick up some steel so I can start building that to hopefully before WF.

Well look what got brought home today. Got around 12ft of 2x6 box tubing for the rockers. Our next project for this coming weekend.
esadumuq.jpg

Back