• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Timeline of events

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i would like to attempt to keep things semi organized by putting together a quick and simple (rough) timeline for folks to pick up upon arrival and / or check-in.

can you guys all post up what you know or have planned so i can type somethin up.

Saturday morning trail leaders meeting ?
Saturday morning drivers meeting ?
Trail runs i think are all set so we can skip that unless you want it included ?
Dinner ?
Raffle ?
Kids games ? (I will set these up after the dinner and raffle)
Adult games ? (I will set these up after the dinner and raffle)
Tech demos ?
beer runs ? :D
etc....

Thanks ya'll

I plan on heading out for my trail run at 9am sharp Saturday. I am leading a group on lower and upper woodpecker, then to play on the rocks for a couple of hours and be back at camp by 4pm to start on dinner.

I'm planning dinner for 6pm Saturday.

I believe Masterpull will be showing how to properly spool a synthetic line (you wouldn't believe how many people screw this up) and anything else we can think of between now and then. I can show how to splice on the trail if people are interested.

-Alex

Each of the trail rides have a start time posted (except for Sunday) which are negotiable by the trail leaders and the groups.

What times will "check-In" (trail sign up, inspection, etc) be available on Thursday, Friday, and or Saturday?

I would expect each trail leader to do a quick drivers meeting for each group just before each trail ride.

I can do the tire demo either right before or right after Alex shows how to spool a new rope on my winch, I just don't know when we are going to fit this all in? It probably needs to be before dinner if possible on Saturday. Or Friday evening?

Michael

ok here is the final version of the event timeline. Please note that this is in no way set in stone. I am sure things will change slightly. It is only meant as a guidline in order to help make things run smoothly and give folks an idea of what time to show up, check in, wake up etc... Also please be aware that we do not want everyone waiting till 7:00 am to go thru tech and do waivers etc... Eli and Hans will try and complete these as they are availble. so if you see Myself, ken, or them just ask.

NW Fest 2009

Schedule of Events

Thursday
No events scheduled

Feel free to check in, complete tech inspection, and get waivers signed etc... anytime

Friday
Tech Inspection - 7:00am (required to participate in trail runs)

Epic Run - Driver meeting at 7:30am
Epic Run - Departure at 8:00AM

Easy and Moderate runs - Driver meeting at 9:30am
Easy and Moderate runs - Departure at 11:00am

Tech demos - 5:00pm ish (Pending a safe return from “Epic Run”)

Raven’s Roost Night Run - Driver meeting at approx 6:00pm
Raven’s Roost Night Run - Departure approx 1 and 2 hours before sunset

Saturday
Tech Inspection - 7:00am (required to participate in trail runs)

All trail runs driver meeting - 8:00am

Hard run 1 - Departure 8:30am

Hard/Moderate 1 - Departure 9:00am

Easy run - Departure 9:00am

Moderate run 2 - Departure 9:30am

Hard run 2 - Departure 9:00am

Dinner (presented by John and Auburn Car Care & Offroad) 6:00pm

Kids game and scavenger hunt - immediately following dinner 7-7:30ish

Raffle - 8:00pm-ish

NW Fest team competition- immediately following Raffle 8:30-ish

Awards presentations - following the Team competition

Sunday
All sunday trail runs drivers meeting - 9:00am

Easy run - Departure 9:30am

Moderate run - Departure 9:30am

Hard run - Departure 9:30am
  • Please note that these are estimates only. we will do our best to stick to this but "stuff" happens.
  • Also note that tech inspections should be completed whenever possible Hans has Stated that if he is in camp he "IS" available !

So are we to expect a tech inspection everyday? Or is it a once you're in, just keep an eye on your own junk type deal?

~Scott

Regarding the awards, it would be cool if we could get all the rigs lined up together for a mini show-n-shine after Saturday's runs. It would be a good chance for a group picture (40+ Jeeps), and it would make voting for the different categories easier.

:dunno:

Back