• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders Wanted

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to have an idea of who will be leading each trail at NW Fest before we provide the ability to sign up for each trail at check in.

Below is a list of the trails established currently:
Friday, June 26th
Easy Run, Leave at 11:00AM (3Hrs up to Rocks, 2Hrs back down)
1702, 1720, Bald Mt, C.J.R.s Hideout, Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Milk Lake, 1708
Moderate Run, Leave at 11:00AM (12 rig max) (4 Hrs up to Rocks, 2 Hrs back down)
1708, Lower Woodpecker, Upper Woodpecker, Summit to Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Milk Lake, 1708
Epic Run (leave at 8:00AM, 8 rigs max, 33’s and 1 TAD, Experience!!) 10 Hrs-12Hrs Hans/Michael to lead group
Kaner Flats, Shoestring, Tripod Flats, Buck Meadows, Quartz Mt., Wells Meadow, Manastash Ridge, String (Rocks), Tipover, Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker.
Raven’s Roost Night Run (Leave 1hr, and 2hr’s before Sunset)
Main road for stock vehicles, Powerline (900) for modified

Saturday, June 27th
Easy Run (Leave at 9:00AM) Hans to lead group
1708, Milk Lake, Summit to Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, 670 down to 1720.
Hard/Moderate 1 (Leave at 9:00AM, will be back by 3:00PM) (12 rig max)
1708, Upper Woodpecker, Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks (several hours of play), Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker, 1708 John to lead group
Moderate Run 2 (Leave at 9:30AM) (12 rig max)
1706, 1600 (Little Bald Mt), Mud Springs (696), Saw Mill Flats (1600)
Hard Run 1 (Leave at 8:30AM) (10 rig max) (4Hrs up to Rocks, 2 Hrs back down)
Kaner Flats, Manastash Ridge, String, Tipover, Tripod Flats, Summit, Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Upper Woodpecker, Lower Woodpecker, 1708.
Hard Run 2 Will add this run if we need more run's (Leave at 9:00AM) (12 rig max) (3Hrs up to Rocks, 3.5Hrs back down)
1708, Lower Woodpecker, Upper Woodpecker, Summit, Moon Rocks/Runny Rocks, Tripod Flats, Shoestring, Kaner Flats

Sunday, June 28th
Easy Run
Naches Trail (684) up to Naches Pass and return (not open on West Side yet)
Moderate Run
Power Line Trail up to Raven’s Roost (900) and return.
Hard Run Michael to lead group
Saw Mill Flats (1600), Lower Clover Springs (697), Upper Clover Springs (1605 4w696)

I need 3 or 4 Trail leaders for Friday (easy, moderate, 2 night runs)
I need 3 Trail leaders for Saturday (Moderate 2, Hard 1, and Hard 2)
I need 2 Trail leaders for Sunday (easy, and Moderate)

Thanks,
Michael

I will help with hard run 1 on Saturday. I want in on the epic run on Friday, if you please. :)

Doug

Also for anyone who is interested in leading but are unsure of the trails, I have GPSed the all of the trail runs into tracks.

Also for anyone who is interested in leading but are unsure of the trails, I have GPSed the all of the trail runs into tracks.

Any chance you could email me that data file with GPS coordinates?

And Michael, I could probably lead the Sunday easy run up the Naches trail. Depending on WHERE we hit the trail, that could very easily be a moderate to difficult run in the beginning.

J

Any chance you could email me that data file with GPS coordinates?

I won't get a chance before the weekend, so early next week. It will all be in Garmin lingo, not sure if we need to do anything to convert it to Lowerance.

Michael I will be there mid day Thursday till Sunday afternoon. So I am open to lead something on Sunday as well.

I could be there Wednesday night if you came up with a great reason to do so.

Hans

Last edited:
IMichael I will be there mid day Thursday till Sunday afternoon. So I am open to lead something on Sunday as well.

I could be there Wednesday night if you came up with a great reason to do so.

Hans

Can you take the Moderate Group (Raven's Roost) on Sunday then?

I won't be heading out till Thursday, we could plan a convoy if you want? Hopefully you won't have to help me change any tires this time :anon:

Michael

OK, This is what I still need trail leaders for:
Friday, June 26th
Moderate Run, Leave at 11:00AM (12 rig max) (4 Hrs up to Rocks, 2 Hrs back down)
1708, Lower Woodpecker, Upper Woodpecker, Summit to Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, Milk Lake, 1708

Saturday, June 27th

Thanks to Doug, John, and Hans.

Michael

Can you take the Moderate Group (Raven's Roost) on Sunday then?

Yes
I won't be heading out till Thursday, we could plan a convoy if you want? Hopefully you won't have to help me change any tires this time :anon:

Yea I would like to be on the road around 8-9am from my place. So I would be passing your exit around 9:30-10am
Does that work for you?

OK, This is what I still need trail leaders for:
Friday, June 26th

Saturday, June 27th

Thanks to Doug, John, and Hans.

Michael

Still looking for Trail Leaders!!

http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#kaner Use this site. Or I could email just the track for upper and lower woodpecker. How did the file I sent you work??

Nobody has emailed me back so I guess it is working perfectly for everyone.

Back