• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2022 ! Aug 1st-7th !

Hey Blondjoncherokee, I PM'ed you can you please take a Look? Cheers, Sean form San Diego.
Also my Phone/Text is 858-230-4062, Please Text me if possible, or Email at [email protected]
Couple of questions. I will be driving up the day before, Where would be a good place to stay close by hotel/motel? Fairly close to the Line-Up area. Not the Ritz, LOL but a nice place.
I know more Info will be coming (Hopefully :) soon from NAXJA also.
Thanks my friend.
Sean

Hey Blondjoncherokee, I PM'ed you can you please take a Look? Cheers, Sean form San Diego.
Also my Phone/Text is 858-230-4062, Please Text me if possible, or Email at [email protected]
Couple of questions. I will be driving up the day before, Where would be a good place to stay close by hotel/motel? Fairly close to the Line-Up area. Not the Ritz, LOL but a nice place.
I know more Info will be coming (Hopefully :) soon from NAXJA also.
Thanks my friend.
Sean

Just sent you an email with some suggestions and details depending on your route up. Overall, I'd suggest camping at the loon lake spillway (start of the trail) the night before as most do else a motel in Placerville, you'd still be 1.5-2 hours from the trailhead.

Hey just saw your pms. The jk can come
Of course. Just register with cjmike. Ill try to call you soon. Been insanely busy

Looking for the group's opinion.

What are your favorite trail meals?
Sierrafest will be my first week long wheeling trip and I'm looking for ideas of what to cook while on the trail. I have a fridge so no worries on trying to keep food cold.

Currently have breakfast covered but lunch is leaning towards canned tuna and lunch meat sandwiches (but open to suggestions) and dinner maybe mountainous meals.

Hot dogs are super easy, with much less cleaning than hamburgers. Some sort of vegetable that can be eaten raw with ranch dressing or other dip so you can say you are “making good decisions”.

Cans of beer or boxes of wine, to avoid glass.

Steaks are always nice, but I only want to deal with the cleanup on a day that does not include setting up camp. It’s a nice treat on a relax and hike day. Maybe a box of instant mashed potatoes. Raw vegetables and ranch.

I would like to welcome the first ever trail snack sponsor for the SierraFest 2022 event. Satisfid Jerky - "The best Jerky you've never trid"

Coupon "#NAXJA10" now through the end of August. Satisfidjerky.com Must have the # in the Discount code

Place your orders now so you have in time for the event.

Last edited:
Looking for the group's opinion.

What are your favorite trail meals?
Sierrafest will be my first week long wheeling trip and I'm looking for ideas of what to cook while on the trail. I have a fridge so no worries on trying to keep food cold.

Currently have breakfast covered but lunch is leaning towards canned tuna and lunch meat sandwiches (but open to suggestions) and dinner maybe mountainous meals.

Oatmeal cups, just add water for breakfast. Coffee with milk.:rtm:

Lunch-- cheeses and apples, pre-made burritos, snacking chips and nuts, chocolate. sodas and sports drinks. :chef:

For dinner-- just add water freeze-dried meals with carrot and celery stick with dipping dressing. Sodas and sports drinks. :angel:

Oatmeal cups, just add water for breakfast. Coffee with milk.:rtm:

Lunch-- cheeses and apples, pre-made burritos, snacking chips and nuts, chocolate. sodas and sports drinks. :chef:

For dinner-- just add water freeze-dried meals with carrot and celery stick with dipping dressing. Sodas and sports drinks. :angel:

This is a good setup.

Hermit Valley portion of SierraFest is officially cancelled per road closure between Lake Alpine and Highway 89 mudslides! We have talked to Gordon who is with the 6 rigs at Hermit Valley (including himself) and they are all safe! Present at Hermit Valley is Gordon, Skipper, Matt, Robert, Socal John and Alex P.

Please message me here or via NAXJA your shipping address and we will ship your shirts and swag. For those who would like a refund, please let me know and will accommodate accordingly.

For our raffle, we will figure out how to hold a virtual raffle and sell tickets via PayPal to purchase - this will happen in the coming weeks as we can arrange and give people enough time to purchase tickets.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Yes, confirmed with CHP and CalTrans that Hwy-4 was closed last night but clean up is complete and the road is open.

NOAA is forecasting that the chance of precipitation goes from 45% on day shift, to 12% in the evening, to basically none the rest of the weekend.

We are heading up to Hermit Valley after work.

Fun Trip, I made it to Hermit Valley Campground before the roads Closed. Bugged out when Sheriff said Huge 24hr storm coming in. Next year...

Yeah this is the first time we have ever had to cancel the second half.

I hope to have my shit together for 2023. I spent too much time doing other things.

Back