• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping the trails clean.

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
We all know that we never want to have a diff cover ben break or get a hole in them or tranny oil pan or what not were it leaves oil and junk on the trail, but that stuff does happen from time to time. Well I do safty stuff here at our shop for our field crew guys and we're talking about outfitting all our trucks with these clean up kits. Thinking about getting one for the XJ. It be nice if a few guys had them per trail run.
For 32 bucks that isn't bad. Doesn't look like it would take up much space even. It has more than some other kits I've seen for more money out there.

http://www.northernsafety.com/cart/cart.cfm?PROD_NUM=200-24415&Action=01&Source=WEB70207&emcam=1

Might be a group buy type thing to go in on.

What I don't get is the fact that oil COMES from the ground.

So what's the big deal if you just dig a hole a put it back IN the ground?

===

hmmmmm
025.gif

LOL
Now watch me be quoted in some greenie publication.
sterb041.gif

I carry a bunch of super-absorbant spill pads that I got from a supplier years ago.They work really good on oil, antifreeze, tranny fluid, etc.

I had a few obsorb pads aswell but they got used in the garage. I have a small bag of dry absorb that I would take with me but ended up needed that aswell a few weekends ago. So now I have nothing in the jeep once again, and this kit has alot of stuff goggles and gloves and all the pads and the rope. Even if say 1 out ever 5 rigs had one of these for the trail break down clean up that would be killer. Waiting to see how big they are and shipping for them first.

Back