• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What trails are being ran?

Imogene is supposed to be open by July 1st and Black Bear by the 10th. But that depends on whether they have issues with slides.
It is supposed to be hot this weekend and next week so that will help.

So far the only major trails that are open are:
Engineer
Cinnamon
Corkscrew

They had a lot of late season snow.

Is anybody else planning any other runs aside from the trails listed in the schedule? Debating if I should bring my mud tires along. I'm off work from the 22nd till the 8th and up for anything.

It's not uncommon for people to decide to run other trails.

It's also not uncommon for the group to decide that interest lies more in X trail than scheduled Y trail and do that.

The trail schedule is not "concrete", though we will work to follow it...but others are always welcome to run what they please.

I know my brother and I are considering alternate runs to keep group sizes small, however our focus will still be scenic runs in the area.

I'd love to run Imogene and Black Bear with you all. Last time I tried Imogene it was a bit late in the season so we could not get far past Tom Boy. Any idea what time you'll be meeting and heading out? I am thinking of coming down from Montrose rather than staying at the KOA. Would this work out?

My bro and I have Imogene on our list we want to hit. So if ya don't catch rest of group you can tag with us.

Thanks! I am going to be spending tonight in Montrose and call Fred first thing in the morning. Plan on being in Ouray by 9.

Back