• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headers

SteveR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm lookin for some new headers, mine arn't cracked but dented. Plus new ones will go better with my cat back system. As far as I know the only Banks and Borla are the only 2 that make em for XJ's.

Any ideas, sofar I've been told that Borla's might cause loss of ground clearence (bad). And that I should try to find a stock "header like" exhaust manifold. The steel type that they used on the military and police model XJs. I was originally looking at the Banks but if anyone has other opinoins that would be great.

I'm running Hedman Headers in my XJ. I had a cracked exhaust manifold so I figured I just get headers while I was at it. I love the Hedmans. They were relatively cheap (I think I got them from Summit Racing) but I definitely noticed an increase in horsepower. All in all, I'm happy with them...

SteveR said:
I'm lookin for some new headers, mine arn't cracked but dented. Plus new ones will go better with my cat back system. As far as I know the only Banks and Borla are the only 2 that make em for XJ's.

Any ideas, sofar I've been told that Borla's might cause loss of ground clearence (bad). And that I should try to find a stock "header like" exhaust manifold. The steel type that they used on the military and police model XJs. I was originally looking at the Banks but if anyone has other opinoins that would be great.

I had Banks in my XJ. It cracked after few months. Welds looked terrible. Don't buy.

Look at Pacesetter. They have'em on E-bay.

I got a mopar performance header on ebay for my 4.0. It was still in the original box with the part #'s on it. very well built,have been running it for 6 months no cracks,and the down tube is built into the header.

wow, is this a record? resurecting a 4 year old thread?

Back