• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socially distant run May 17th

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Socially distant.....you can stay in your jeep the whole time if you dont get stuck or break. A few friends and I will be running rattlesnake canyon to gold mountain. 31s and lockers, 33s and one locker??? It's really isnt a tough trail, but we'd like to have an easy time.

Post up or pm if you'd like to go.

Interested.
What time you guys meeting up? Is the rattlesnake canyon trailhead off of the 247 (Old Woman Springs Rd)? I'll need to find a secure place to park the tow rig in Big Bear.

Very much interested. Are round headlights allowed?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, old woman springs rd.

Yes, round headlights are acceptable, but we will make fun if you get stuck.

Trailhead at approximately 8:30-8:45.

Is the trailhead well marked? I’d hate to drive all the way out there and not be able to find the meeting spot.

John: What time will you be leaving home? I may just meet you as you head out and follow you, if that’ll work for you. You’re right along the way.

Cool. Thanks very much. I found that location on Google Maps yesterday, but wasn’t 100% sure that’d be the actual meeting spot. Now that I am sure, I’ll just meet you there. OPXJ2010 will likely be arriving with me, in his rig.

My nephew might be joining in his ZJ.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing this, John, and have fun! I will pass, having only 31s and just a rear lunchbox locker...and no real desire to push my Jeep's limits or slow anyone down. But it sounds like a good group... Sorry I'll miss seeing you all!

I probably won't be at SCF, either... that's my 55th birthday weekend, and as much as I love my Jeep peeps, I don't think I want to spend it at Calico or working an actual Jeep event :(.

However I'm hoping that by the end of August we'll have Fiesta Island open again down here in SD, and will be able to do a modified (probably no potluck) Jeep Picnic. Maybe you can come down!

I'm bowing out on this run. I'm going up to Renofest a few days later and tagging this trip on the front end is adding up to more driving than I'm up for at the moment. Take pics!

I'll be leaving my house between 6-6:30....havent figured out which jeep I'm taking and might trailer??

Trailhead is here....

Dropped pin
Near 46283-46529 CA-247, Landers, CA 92285
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bwLvRyHpVaC41dWG6

Where would you park the trailer? I'm heading that way Friday with another group, was gonna camp at and run Hammers friday and Motino satuday. There's a slight chance I may join you guys sunday.

Back