• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photo Uploading Quesions

FernGreen

NAXJA Forum User
1.) What methods are you guys using for uploading photos? Do you use hosting sites (if so which) or do you upload directly as a file?

2.) Do you have fancy cameras or just use cell phones?

3.) How do i make my images come out clearer when i post? Do i need to resize?

I use imgbb to host my photos. Before I used photobucket but now they want money. I just use my cell phone for any pictures that i can. I dont know about making them clearer. Whenever I post with a hosting site they always end up being clear.

1.) What methods are you guys using for uploading photos? Do you use hosting sites (if so which) or do you upload directly as a file?
2.) Do you have fancy cameras or just use cell phones?
3.) How do i make my images come out clearer when i post? Do i need to resize?

1. X2 on imgbb.com
2. Cell phone. All modern cell phones have fantastic cameras now.
3. Clean the lens? :) Image clarity not an issue if image is in focus. No need to resize if using imgbb.

I use imgbb to host my photos. Before I used photobucket but now they want money. I just use my cell phone for any pictures that i can. I dont know about making them clearer. Whenever I post with a hosting site they always end up being clear.
Thanks Bob, I downloaded flickr but I'm going to check out imgbb too. Thanks for the recommendation

1. X2 on imgbb.com
2. Cell phone. All modern cell phones have fantastic cameras now.
3. Clean the lens? :) Image clarity not an issue if image is in focus. No need to resize if using imgbb.
Thanks for the feedback. I think the clarity issue might have something to do with me resizing the image? Everytime i tried to attach an image in its original size it rotated the image 90 degrees sideways. I'm going to see if flickr and imgbb have better clarity when i host the image rather than attaching it as a file.

I think i came to the bottom of this...
Apparently if you use the "manage attachments" option to upload, the pictures come out small and a tad bit blurry.

But if you use the "insert image" option (this option is found near the font format and hyperlink options) to upload, you can size the images as big as you want and they still come out rather clear.

So far I've been able to use Flickr to host my images. They let me host up to a 1000 pics for free. Once you create an album in Flickr they will provide you with a BBCode. I had to do a little adjusting to the BBCode by deleting all the rubbish Flickr gave me before/after the actual URL.

I ended up paying Tapatalk’s extortion . . . I mean, “subscription” fee so I can continue to use it to post photos on this forum.

Back