• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paragon 12/21-22

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
The RockDawgs are having a run in a few weeks, it's looking like a small group so i thought i'd post here to see if anyone was interested. I'll be running sat the 21st.

Come on out and have some fun before the holidays!!

ahh yeah.
I might be there, more than likely I will.

Id like to check out "THE" Rock Dawgs.

hey John that was me, I just forgot to login.

Im on the rock dawgs forum, but I never met with them to wheel, thats what I meant.

I wish I could have some 33 SS and a locker by then.
But prolly not, but soon.

I responded to a post on rock dawgs, but Ill tell ya here again.
Nice spotting at Nacfest, by you and Kolb, I love watching the videos.

Wheres the pics of the new 35's and lift?

I dont have the 35's mounted yet..i hope to before the 21st. Only difference in the lift from NAC-Fest is the BigOffroad rear leaves.

Alot of the NACers have gotten bigger...some real nice XJ's will be wheelin this summer.

The guys are planning NAC-Fest03 now....hope you'll make it again this year. I only wish i knew the park as well as Kolb....he is an excellent spotter.

Hey John B whats up? If you need those 35s mounted and balanced i can hook you up at the garage im working at. Hit me back channel if your ready for the big jump. Later

Pete

Pete...i could be up for that.

Get this....i was thinking about using the Golf Ball method of balancing.1/2 dozen in each wheel.These will be trail tires only.What's your thoughts on this?

What's going on with your rig?

Hey John,How are ya doin'?I will try and make it this time.Maybe I will meet you on the TP and follow you up.What trails are you thinking of running.Nick and I went up last weekend with BMJA.We ran M trail and some others,whew M trail is tuff!!!Keep me posted.

John i never heard of the golf ball method before, but when i was little and could drive and get a tube for my moped tire i filled the tire up with golf balls. think that it was like 40 or 50. lasted about 4 months till the tire riped in 1/2 and i fell on my ass. but anyway look into that equal stuff i have it in my tires and they worked great till i stop driving it. I got it from 4 wheel parts and it was like 20 or 30 bucks which is 1/2 the price of balencing tires. And it last the life of the tire. If you order ask your sales person about the valve cores with the screen in them. I had to ask then he told me about them and threw them in for free. so that all the special stuff will not get blown out when you air down. good luck. Oh yea ill suprise some people with my rig hopefully in a short time. I did beat the piss out of it last night going snomowheeling and pulling people with my jeep with my tow rope and an old mattres. little redneck skiing i guess you can call it. later

PeterBuilt

The problem with equal is if you loose a bead or get water inside the powder turns to a concrete type substance....totally ruining the investment. With BB's or GBalls that doesnt happen...and you can simply break a bead loose to add or subtract to get the weight you need.

I think i'm gonna try the BB's..12oz per wheel, see where i am from there. Looking to get vibe free to 65MPH. Now if the Swampers have a flat spot i'll have problems regardless...which isnt likely with running a radial swamper.Bias ply swamper is a different animal tho..

Cant wait to see your rig..

John --

Please post the results when you try the BB balance route. That's something I've been curious about. 12 ounces sounds like a lot, but you're running some pretty big tires so maybe it's not really too exreme.

Can you put in too much weight?

[quote:8bc5f597c3="Eagle"]John --

Please post the results when you try the BB balance route. That's something I've been curious about. 12 ounces sounds like a lot, but you're running some pretty big tires so maybe it's not really too exreme.

Can you put in too much weight?[/quote:8bc5f597c3]

Will do Eagle.

From all the posts i'v read up on the subject, some are/were adding as much as 40oz of conventional lead weight to try and balance some biasply swampers. Obviously adding that much weight is almost impossible to get the weight at the correct spot...so then internal patch balancing was attempted. The patch doesnt wanna hold when the tire is deflated and "flexed".

I'll be running Radial SSR's...35x12.5. Flatspotting and out of round should be less of a problem requiring less weight to balance vs a biasply.

Guys are reporting success and smooth road manners with the BB's. Most seem to be using around 12oz.Keep in mind these 35"tire/rim combo will be only for wheelin. The 33 BFG's will be my daily tire.So getting a decent ride at up to 55-65MPH will be sufficient for my needs.

Good question...dont know if too much weight would affect anything.

Hey just what I was asking for! I'm going to be home for the 2 weeks around christmas. I think a little paragon is just what I need to take a break from my "tough" military life haha. Will get back to you later as to whether I can make it or not.

I think Joe R tried using the Equal powder stuff in his tires, too. You might check in with him to ask how it worked and how much he used.

[quote:53943f294d="John B"]
I'll be running Radial SSR's...35x12.5. Flatspotting and out of round should be less of a problem requiring less weight to balance vs a biasply.

Guys are reporting success and smooth road manners with the BB's. Most seem to be using around 12oz.Keep in mind these 35"tire/rim combo will be only for wheelin. The 33 BFG's will be my daily tire.So getting a decent ride at up to 55-65MPH will be sufficient for my needs.

Good question...dont know if too much weight would affect anything.[/quote:53943f294d]

you wont have any flatspotting problems with the SSRs.
ive had em up to ~100mph, and while i certainly wouldnt recommend driving that speed on a set of swampers, i wanted to see how high i could take em, and there were no problems.
the only thing about them to note really is that they are obviously a heavy tire, and they do give the 45-55mph osciallation (not death wobble) if you have worn steering components.
the tires behave suprisingly well in the rain/snow, but they are still a swamper, if you try to break em loose, you will.

Back