• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who is leading pink/red?

there will be unofficial runs that anyone can go out on through out the day Friday, we are just asking people to not join up on the organized preruns unless they are the leader or gunner (or possibly one or two additional rigs for unforseen reasons). Anyone can make up their own groups on Friday and go do their own thing.

I am right there with ya Josh, I am about 8+ hours out myself, so I would like to wheel as much as possible while I am there. Hopefully these "Presidential Duties" wont get in the way too much! :D

Ok, so here's the problem with that.

I'm a guy that's never been there. I don't know the difference between the pink, green, orange, red, purple, black, white, blue, yellow or turquiose trails.

I may or may not find someone to wheel with thursday night, commensurate with my ability level as a driver (low) and the ability of my jeep (medium-low). On top of that, there's been considerable mention about the difficulty of the trails based on the weather, so what someone might know thursday night isn't actually what it is friday morning.

How's a guy that's coming to "Winterfest" justify the trip if the only official trail day is Saturday and he has to fend for himself in a place he's never been to on friday?

I showed up to WF '08 at Flat Nasty on thursday, got checked in friday morning and wheeled two days with the chapter. But I think the difference there is that for most folks in the MWC, that drive made it a wheeling trip and not a weekend jaunt over to the local offroad park.

I understand the time constraints. I'm the one that decided to drive 19 hours to wheel in indiana, so I'm not butthurt about it.

I just really think there's a better way to accommodate people who show up to wheel on friday, instead of forcing them to fend for themselves, particularly if they've never been.

I am wheeling everyday I am there. Most of everyday. I have seen your rig and how you wheel, hitch a ride with me and I will show you some decent trails. Damage will be your choice or take bypasses. I want to wheel as much as I can and have fun doing it.:D

maybe we should remind everyone that the "official" trail run is the morning run on Saturday wih a group photo shoot in the quarry. after that we're all on our own to form separate "unofficial" groups to hit various trails during the afternoon. I will likely hit Orange after the Quarry photo.

BOB

RedHeep, you should be able to run any marked "trail" at the Badlands with your setup. You can decide what to do in the quarry once you see all it has to offer.

I understand your thoughts about Friday, but it looks like there will be plenty of people to run with.

Ok, so here's the problem with that.

I'm a guy that's never been there. I don't know the difference between the pink, green, orange, red, purple, black, white, blue, yellow or turquiose trails.

I may or may not find someone to wheel with thursday night, commensurate with my ability level as a driver (low) and the ability of my jeep (medium-low). On top of that, there's been considerable mention about the difficulty of the trails based on the weather, so what someone might know thursday night isn't actually what it is friday morning.

How's a guy that's coming to "Winterfest" justify the trip if the only official trail day is Saturday and he has to fend for himself in a place he's never been to on friday?

I showed up to WF '08 at Flat Nasty on thursday, got checked in friday morning and wheeled two days with the chapter. But I think the difference there is that for most folks in the MWC, that drive made it a wheeling trip and not a weekend jaunt over to the local offroad park.

I understand the time constraints. I'm the one that decided to drive 19 hours to wheel in indiana, so I'm not butthurt about it.

I just really think there's a better way to accommodate people who show up to wheel on friday, instead of forcing them to fend for themselves, particularly if they've never been.

Josh there will be plenty of people around on Friday to wheel with. Be at the campground by 9ish and if nothing else you can follow me around all day. If your brother is coming please make sure his gas tank is secure in the vehicle at all times.

mac 'taking two to wheel' gyvr

Here is an example of what can be done on red trail. Don't remember who it was but he asked if he could follow, we said sure. He made it through the whole trail without any serious problems.

Josh there will be plenty of people around on Friday to wheel with. Be at the campground by 9ish and if nothing else you can follow me around all day. If your brother is coming please make sure his gas tank is secure in the vehicle at all times.

mac 'taking two to wheel' gyvr

He sent me a picture of the new fuel cell in the bed with the lines and the electric pump all hooked up.

Wanna know the worst part?

When we took it off the trailer and he had to drive it home 20 minutes, all he did was rehang the tank and hook the lines up and it started right up.

Red 'almost punched him' Heep

He sent me a picture of the new fuel cell in the bed with the lines and the electric pump all hooked up.

Wanna know the worst part?

When we took it off the trailer and he had to drive it home 20 minutes, all he did was rehang the tank and hook the lines up and it started right up.

Red 'almost punched him' Heep

wow...the incredible ride down the hill could've happened under its own power...

mac 'fun to watch tho' gyvr

I may be talked into wheeling Friday. I wasn't planning on it but I guess really, it just depends on what time I get in to Attica. I'd pay the full day gate fee to wheel 1/2 day with Josh.........not sure about anyone else.:D

Also, there are quite a few people showing up on thursday and wheeling friday. Am I correct in assuming that you don't want us there if we're not part of the "trail leaders pre-run"?

No you can wheel if you want. Its just the trail leader and gunner's rigs to do a quick run through.

No new tires for me :( so hopefully it wont be too muddy out there, otherwise the jeeps not getting very far

If you start selling yourself you may get 5 bucks toward new tires by next week! You may be able to sweet talk some rich bitches at IU to help you out! :D

that is what I was thinking, dude works fast...

Brendan, you will like the MTZ's...I used to run them on my TJ and they worked great for me.

Kim, I'll run pink with you on Friday. I was going to on Saturday, but if we have enough for two orange groups I will probably run with the second group. If it's as wet as last time, my winch will be useful.:)

We should have time to do both on Friday, and still have time to play in the quarry. I want to spend as much time on the trails as I can.

Back